The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
Hi cath
My next step on this IF journey is to cut the carbs in january ...low carb high fat is the way ahead! X ( learnt that on here )

@Julieathome can you send me the address of yr chemist pls....
I like the sound of the Help Yourself tin of chox
Will take a selection of camouflagey stuff,masks etc and pop in and out all day x
:heart: I reduced my carbs when I thought I'd hit a plateau some time back and this kickstarted my weightloss again fantastic result, but my biggest surprise was to my feet + legs the swelling from oedema has halved and i can't find any other reason other than reducing carbs, this titbit/advice I found on this forum not from my GP or hospital, absolutely no one has been able to help me. This is the cherry on the cake for me as I've suffered for 30 years, trying so hard not to get depressed about it but it has bought me down to earth + below many many times, so now low carb all the way I'm still learning every single day especially from this forum :heart: :heart:
So a BIG thanks you to all for any advice posted I read and digest (sometimes very slowly) :heart: :heart: :heart: Sue
I too have suffered from elephant legs and swollen feet for so long, I can't remember when I last didn't have fat feet and legs. I still have fat legs, but its fat and muscle instead of water. I now have bony feet, unless I start on the carbs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I still have carbs, but at about half of what is recommended for my age/weight etc.
Thanks for the feedback. I've been reading up on LCHF, and I'm definitely going to be more mindful of my protein, and more liberal with fats. Old habits die hard. I have to admit to myself that even though I now know better, I'm still a bit fat phobic.
Couldn't agree more with everything people have said - I have been low carbing like many on here after seeing the light and the weight was falling off - had a blip in the last week or so and eating not much more carbs than before but I put nearly 4kg on so I know now that low carb is the way to go. And like miffy49 says about her, my blood sugars are FAR better (and I'm not diabetic but think I was heading that way). Also agree about the low carbing reducing appetite dramatically.
I definitely have blood sugar issues, so this is the way to go for me too!
21 posts Page 2 of 2