The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Having just sent a chunk of the family off home loaded with Easter egg goodies I wondered what I should get for my own little treat. I enjoy two squares of 90% chocolate now and then so it may have to be that, though if they make a small egg that would be lovely!
:0'
I'm not perfect and I'm not preaching by any means. But I shop and prepare non diet foods for my family. Bake cakes etc. I am a savoury nut. Never eaten a family pack of crisps a tube of Pringles, big bar of choc, packet of biscuits or even a whole cake. But I know someone who does regularly and she is slim. Doesn't eat nutritious wholesome food, consumes a pkt of hobnobs easily. Got to be malnourished.
So when I buy and cook for my family. I just see it as "not mine"
I keep my 'blinkers' on on a fast day. I am such a picker that if I started on something yummy I wouldn't stop so I just don't.
I do keep sweets in the house. I used to buy things that come in small portions like snack size bars. Now I seem more controlled so if I want a sweet on a normal day I seem able to stop after 1or 2 so I now have packets of small sweets. They last a long time but I know I can have one if I want it ( not on fast days)
Dried fruit can be ny downfall - feels healthier than sweets but just as much sugar!
marzipan....
I take terrible cravings for it. I don't usually have it in the house except fornChristmas and Easter, but the occasional block sneaks in and the just disappears! :o
And I've just decided today that once the jar of Nutella isnfinished it's not getting replaced.
Have always mmanaged to resist both on fats days but becoming harder to control on ordinary days :(
It'll be a sad parting, but necessary
I really, really like the odd few squares of 90% chocolate and also nuts....including peanut butter. I don't think they're that bad for you,I just have to be very mindful of how much I eat! It would be SO easy to just not stop at times and well then there's the red wine....hmmmm and cheese.....oh dear that's my downfall.
So proud of myself. I was in the same corner store yesterday evening and walked straight past the Buderim Crystallised ginger

Didn't buy it. No temptations. 70.0 on the scales. Too easy.
Girl Scout cookies! Big deal here in the U.S. Couldn't wait for them to come in and was sure I would eat them in moderation. I think the 2 boxes I bought were gone by the end of the week! Now I know better! :)
22 posts Page 2 of 2