The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Jen,

If you haven't seen it go check out the message thread I started about massive regain after cutting back on fasting. It's here: https://forum.fastday.com/weight-maintenance-f18/did-you-regain-immediately-when-you-cut-back-on-fasting-t13342.html

There is something going on here that probably is the downside of fasting, because the weight gain is turbocharged. It probably isn't all body fat, but it is demoralizing. It's also not what I had hoped would be the case, as I have lost and maintained long term on other diets without having to contend with quite this much weight gain.

I guess it's yet another case of No Free Lunch. Even so, this is still the easiest diet I've ever done. If this one doesn't keep working I will spend my declining years fat. <G>
Hi @jeninboston. But you have done sooooo well. It is strange that we find 1.5lb per month a lot but expect to lose at least 1lb per week when fasting. It means you have over consumed just over 5000kcals in a month or just over 1000kcals a week or under 170kcal per day. That's all. Easily done.
A few weeks of fasting will get you on the right track.
I, too have given up fasting twice and gained about 1 lb per month. I have reached goal weight for the third time and don't intend to give up fasting again. However i realise two months maintaining is not long enough - i am still enthusiastic and trying to find out what works for me.
Hope you find it easy to lose those 6 lbs.
thanks eramul@eramul you're so right! : :grin: :grin: :heart:
But you know what, I already feel better just having fasted the two days plus the scales are at 130.1 after a week of 5:2. Just 5 more to go and this time, Im not going to stop.
Keep up the good work, you've been able to reach your goal more than once and I'm sure you will get there soon :clover: :clover:
That 's the spirit - not giving up . we do feel so much better when fasting and committing to this WOL. Even if we don't always manage because life sometimes has different plans it is good not to give up. I couldn't fast today because there was an unforeseen lunch invitation at work which happens once in a blue moon. So I ditched today's fast but will try not to exceed TDEE and fast again next week. As long as I don't ditch too often it's OK by me. I get less upset about a failed or abandoned fast than about binging on sweet foods on eating days.
19 posts Page 2 of 2