The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 1 of 2
The title sums up how I feel.

It's been close to 6 months since I reached my goal and I'm so impressed with myself and this WOE that has helped me maintain my weight through two surgeries, 14 weeks off work and not being allowed to exercise and the symptoms associated with sudden surgical menopause

I feel confident that I have the tools to stay on track, so as soon as I start to see this scales creep up, I fast and am astonished that it brings me back on track. On average I do 5:2, sometimes 4:3 and sometime back to back fasts if I'm on a good roll

So for those of you who are struggling, keep at it, it will pay off :lol:
Really well done Jen. That's impressive, and inspirational :smile: Thanks for sharing :like:
Well done @jeninboston Great news considering what you've been through keep up all your good work to keep away the creeping pounds. :like: :clover: :heart:
Jen,

You should be impressed--I sure am!

To have maintained through that kind of stress, physical and mental says a lot about both you and the power of this WOE.
Some great success stories on here lately
Love it! :heart:
Well done jen! X
Very well done Jen.
Great news Jen, that is a tough period you have experienced and I am so pleased you found your way through it. I have noticed that I can use the tools I have learnt to help me through difficult times and sometimes quite insignificant but challenging moments in life, as the tools are now firmly embedded in me! Fastday is a positive in my life. Really interesting stuff.

And yes, don't give up folks.

Thanks Jen, posts like yours really help to crystallise our experience and journey.
Congratulations! So glad you're pulling through all of this so well :-)
Thanks so much for posting, Jen - great to know how you are doing plus it inspires the rest of us x

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Wow Ladies

Thanks for your support. I really just used this entry to remind myself that yes I have ups and downs, like giving into a chocolate craving when I'm feeling down and not sticking to the 400/500 calories as strictly as I used to on fast day but it's the big picture

It's really interesting that on days when I felt emotionally out of control, I would fast and that would help me so much, make me feel like at least I was in charge of what I put into my mouth regardless of what oncologists were saying about staging and prognosis

Plus my fitbit has been a god send; I would have gone mad being at home all day so this way I knew every morning I'd wake up and think to myself where aM I going to walk to to grab a cup of tea (I'm British after all!) and clock the 10,000 steps. I actually made it to 4th place in the leaderboard in May :-) I'm back to work now, so I will be happy just doing the 10,000 a day

Anyway, all this to say, keep in mind the big picture, weight goes up easily and you can correct that before if gets out of control

Big big thanks and hugs from sunny Boston
Great post Jen, thanks for keeping us informed and good luck

Ballerina x :heart:
This post has given me a bit of a kick up the bum! If you can do this well with all you've been through, I can too!
Thankyou x
blimey, I dropped off for a few months (health issues and comfort eating to counter health issues :cry: :cry: ; sound familiar?) and not surprisingly my weight it up; 6 pounds from my lowest weight in July; Im always amazed how thats even possible, almost 1.5 pounds a month! :?:
In any case, I know fasting works, it worked for me for a long time. So I'm restarting today with the hope that I'll be back to 125 by December. :smile:
@jeninboston - don't be too hard on yourself - what's 6lbs amongst friends!

I'm sure you'll get it off in no time - at least you've addressed it before the problem got any bigger :wink:

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
Thank you @madcatlady for your words of encouragement ... I remember why I love this forum :heart:
And yes, whats 6 pounds between friends :lol: :grin:
19 posts Page 1 of 2