The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Yesteday when shopping I only bought lunch for me (what my kids call retirement food - meatballs and mash) not thinking that much that The DH had a day of. So I couldn't very well eat them when he just had some "knäckebröd"...And the guy didn't get out of the house today either, so no meatballs. Just some tiny rounds of pumpernickel bread and a mug of tea. And - I'm hungry!!!

Whining; we are going to the SIL for dinner, Sam will come up from Norrköping and we are picking him up at the central station. BUT, we can't take the girls (only Diego) since her GR bitch have had surgery and yes, that girl is a BITCH. So, I have to feed the dogs round 3.45 (normal feeding time 5.30) and take them out since our girls can only be home alone for 4 hrs (more and they are up to no good). It take 30 min to drive there (a bit more since we are going into the city first) which leave us with round 2.5hrs for dinner and socializing....What's the point? I rather stay home for a girls night in....But that's a no-no in The DHs way of life....

So I pull out a dress, put MU on for the first time since June I think and plaster a smile on my face. Gahhhhhh!!!
Oh dear, poor you.
Put that smile on, and make the most of a bad situation. Atleast you're not cooking. :smile:
@wolfiei hope didndins is tasty xx and enjoy getting dolled up! And think how pleased SIL will be to see your smiling face at her table! X
I know what you mean tho...sounds like your heart isnt really in it,but often those times end up much better than anticipated x
At least you won't be staying long ... Nothing worse than having to stay longer when you'd rather be elsewhere. Make a quick getaway, by saying 'oh we must get back to the dogs ...' Then come back and curl up with your wonderful quilting ... :like: :heart:
4 posts Page 1 of 1