The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello

I spent 12 weeks doing the normal am to am fast, but as I am an early riser, I found the 500 cals for an entire day a bit hard and found my sleep pattern to be distuptive (waking at 5am, full of energy), so I tried the 2pm to 2pm and have not looked back.

I also stopped doing 4:3 - Carorees stats really opened my eyes to this. I now do 5:2, 2pm to 2pm and I keep track of the feast days calories - thanks to the Progress Tracker highlighting what my feast days calories should be.

I only have about 20 pounds to lose, so not in any hurry. Since 31 Jan., I have lost 4 pounds of Xmas indulgence weight and a whole inch off my waist (deflated gut no doubt).

I also found that I crave healthy foods on my feast days too - anyone else?

I would love to hear from you all.

Happy New Year
Hi Crafty, what is the longest period you go without food on your version?

Just interested, because it seems to be working for you...
Hi Crafty. Welcome. Depending upon what is going on for me, I frequently do this, but it's either zero calories within this period or a coffee with coconut oil and butter. Congrats on your loss so far :clover: :clover: :clover:
Hi @crafty

Glad to hear 2pm to 2pm is working for you! My observations are that there are more night owls than larks so more people find skipping breakfast and lunch easy than finishing eating at 2pm and fasting through the evening. But I have spotted a few who tend to eat their 500 cals earlier in the day. I'm afraid I'm a night owl so can miss breakfast but not my evening meal!

This is the great thing about this intermittent fasting way of life (WOL) though, isn't it? Each person can adjust it to fit their own lifestyle, rather than having to force themselves to fit a prescriptive diet...which is a major reason why it works of course!
Hy Crafty,

I do 3pm to 3pm because I find it much easier. I do liquid fast, except from a small cup of coffe with some sugar because I don't want to change my habits at work, so nobody notices I am fasting. I fast because I want to gain control over food and avoid overeating and I dont want to explain it at work. I have a healthy BMI and if I lose 5-6 kilos I would be very happy, aber not more.
I have tried fasting a few times since november and I found from evenig to evening too hard for me. My plan is to liquid-fast 24 hours and not count calories the feast days.
I will see how it goes and if it works I will try to fast until 7 pm; a few hours longer.
5 posts Page 1 of 1