The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

52 posts Page 1 of 4
Is it getting quieter in here
20 Feb 2015, 00:00
..or am I imagining it.
Hiiii Juliana..yes,this time of day / night is usually..but overall, i think this forum has steadily got quieter over the last 12 months
When i came here in Sept 13 it was thriving,but so many of the friends i made then rarely visit now
Still a good place tho for fun,friendship,laughter,support but wd be great to see some old faces back here x
@Juliana.Rivers
Hi Juliana
I'm still here but not as often and the way I would like to be. Busy life, supporting my 90/95 parents who are 250 miles away, busy life work wise - change management issues, leading a charity in the evenings.
I really appreciate your care for and inquisitive leadership on the forum.
You are a diamond. I will shape up! I'm here for life.........................
Lizx :victory:
Yes, I agree, there are lots of people we don't hear from anymore, and many newbies don't seem to stay for long. And many do not seem to be posting as often as they did. But I think this tends to be the way of things in general. Lives are busy and there are so many demands on our time.

Being an active contributor here does take a lot of time (well, it does for me because it often takes me ages to compose posts, and the iPad is rather frustrating the way it works with this forum - and some of the forum changes that happened last time - for example, not having a link to the most recent post - add to frustrations) so sometimes I just have to not go on the forum for a day or two! (Tho I do still spend more time than I would like on electronic devices - so much easier than getting down to all the chores I could be doing!!)

Anyhow, as others have said, it is still great to hear from those who are able to find time to post. This is the only social media I am involved with, so it does provide me with a network that I don't have elsewhere. Thanks everyone! :D :D
Hi @Sassy1 this is also my only out of work/vol work social forum and it is very dear to me. Thank you for your thoughtful contributions I really appreciate everyone who leads this forum conversation. I'll come back shortly and engage in a meaningful and mindful way as the forum has given me so much. Thx to all :cool:
Me too@sassy1 and @lizbean..my only social media,except for a spiritual site i belong to...however,that site has grown very quiet over the six yrs ive been a member,so maybe thats the way of cyberworld..like you two said also,peeps have lots of demands on their time..Also,lots members talk on hangout now i think and Twitter,and therefore dont need to communicate on here as often
In another way,our quieter forum may indicate the success of IF..many members have reached goal and are maintaining and naturally arent as wrapped up in the process any longer..or have got bored with the whole subject (i am far from goal but get spells of feeling i just dont want to talk about fasting!) still pop in daily tho to see whats going on..i will never be aFB fan,so i might as well call in here! X
Defiantly quieter than when I joined nearly two years ago. I too find it frustrating to use the forum on my iPad and I use that more than my computer now. I'm a big FB user but this is the only forum I use. There are a few of us on the FB site. I had a look at hangout but couldn't work it out and I'm not Twitter user.
Never mind we will just have to keep this going ourselves :grin:
Yes, I too @Julianna.Rivershave been thinking this over the past weeks. I don't use any other forum actively as life is too busy for FB and the like. This one is the greatest all-round interest and help to me.
I'm here. When I first joined I used to read every thread but it did take up a lot of time! Now I follow just a few threads. I think forums do have their busy times and quiet times. Thanks to all of you. I love this forum.
Yes, when I read back through a longer thread there are so many names from the past, where are they now? Doing well and moving on, one hopes. Also there did not seem to be that many newbies in the New Year.

More reason to treasure those who have stuck around, however frequently they post

:heart:
I'm still popping in *waves*. Two years seems a natural life for these things, from experience, so it's not doing too badly. Certainly the friendliest, most helpful forum I've ever met.
This tiny, non-enlarging font is off-putting >hint<
The slow renewal of pages is frustrating >hint<
The non-return to last post is annoying >hint<
Any chance of sorting these out?
It's just the nature of these things isn't it. People come and go, others hang around.......me included, two years in June.
I suppose fasting may have sorted some people out along with the support of this site, and now they are continuing on their own.
Also some people are too busy with their lives to be here ever day. I am here everyday, don't always have anything to add but I will always welcome newbies, support those who need it and congratulate those who are celebrating.
I still pop in to read most days, but feel I don't really have much to contribute. I'm still jogging along in maintenance. But I have made some very close friends on this forum and value the friendship and knowledge to be found here.
Quality not quantity, I would say. :heart:

I must say, as a maintainer there is not always a lot to write... "I am still the same weight" is not exactly something people can respond to. I would be very interested to know if people tend to drop off because they are happily maintaining and have found their equilibrium or because they struggled and gave up. I started 5:2 and reached goal before this site existed and only properly joined in here last September when I had a few more pounds to lose again. I plan to stick around to prevent me from falling off the wagon as I have done twice before.

All those who contribute regularly, you all know each other very well and there is a great sense of community and friendship between you which spills over to all newbies and those who pop in less regularly. You are keeping this lifeline open for many, that is marvellous.

Well done and thank you to all who stick around and have become a support to so many.
I spend too much time on electronic devices But I still cherish this forum and pop in regularly. Probably I am not as welcoming to new visitors as I could be but I hope that people visit the maintaining thread and see that it is possible and sustainable. I have lots of colleagues doing 5:2, several successfully, so I am still 'spreading the word' and sharing my knowledge. When I see threads with hundreds of contributions and views I tend not to start reading them but I am sure I am missing out on some good laughs and heartwarming stories.
52 posts Page 1 of 4