The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
If I have pizza then I do it properly I'm afraid. Usuaually 6 slices and takeaway too. I have been known to make it from scratch, but sometimes nothing else will do except greasy, dirty takeaway. :lol: :eat:

@CandiceMarie You're right, I think it's taking that first step that's the hardest. I know it took me a year from hearing about 5:2 to even start considering it. I think what put me off was the thought of working out what I could eat for 500 cals.
..@egregiousand in no time,500 cals starts to seem like quite a reasonable amount! Long as youre in the right frame of mind..and can stay in it..i must say i do have my little struggles with staying in it but i know i' m not alone when it comes to that! Wish i could identify the switch that clicks me from can do to can't do!
Have a groovy weekend!x
@CandiceMarie Cheers missis, you too.
@Julieathome Yes I searched the sight and found what you said.. water, salt or caffeine and I upped my water and salt because I didn't think the lack caffeine could have possibly caused my headache because I gave that up months ago. But then out of desperation because I had to teach a class at church I had a diet Dew and the headache went away. I'm not sure if the lack of caffeine caused it, but having that small pop made it go away. Wednesday was a hard fast day for me. I had low energy all day and a headache. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact I got a flu shot the day before. Maybe to much stress on the body? Maybe having a Fast day on Monday then on Wednesday is to much for me yet? I'm not sure
The flu shot is very likely to the cause. If you hadn't had the fast day you would have probably felt the same anyway and just blamed the flu shot.
Its up to you what days you fast. I mostly do a Monday and a Thursday. But occasionally I may do two back to back (one straight after the other, it may even be an accidental Back to back as I sometimes am too busy to eat lunch (i don't eat breakfast anymore) so I extend the second day into a fast.
Ya I like Mondays and Thursdays. Thursdays I work so I don't have time to think about eating. However this Thursday we had a big catered lunch so I had to fast on Wednesday.
22 posts Page 2 of 2