The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
It's Happy Hour Again!
06 Sep 2013, 16:36
Do I sound too joyful? I've "taken the pledge" from Monday to Thursday to try to cut my wine consumption. I have a roast chicken in the oven, the smells in the kitchen are amazing (I also taught my son to make an apple crumble from the apples in our orchard) and I've opened a lovely Chilean Sauvignon blanc to sip while I wait for it to be finished.

Life don't get any better than this.

Would love to hear how my fellow weekly abstainers are enjoying the weekend!
Re: It's Happy Hour Again!
06 Sep 2013, 17:27
Hi mummy!
I too took the pledge but did it from Sunday to Thursday. Did have a sneaky glass on Monday due to stress at work but still happy with my total units this week.
Would love to be in your kitchen right now with the lovely aromas of a roast and apple pie!!! Mmm. And sharing a glass with you!
I shall be having salmon, new pots and fresh green beans just picked from the garden. May have a glass of Pinot and enjoy the last of the late afternoon sun although getting a bit cloudy! Enjoy your wine and dinner
Kate
06 Sep 2013, 17:36
Well Done :like: and Cheers ( Merlot in hand ). :heart: :heart: Sue
06 Sep 2013, 18:43
What great bunch of committed people we are. I didn't drink Monday to Thursday as fasting mon, weds, fri. Had one and a half glasses of Shiraz last night. But I may have a vodka and tonic a bit later whilst watching master chef as I have only had 401 cals. Eating vegetarian certainly helps with reducing cals I have found. Have a super weekend everyone. And yumm apple crumble my fave.
06 Sep 2013, 18:51
I abstained for the last 2 days, and really enjoying some red wine and a ready meal in front of TV tonight. Supposedly going out to the pub later, but actually just enjoying the end of the week feeling
06 Sep 2013, 19:49
Yup, abstained from Mon to Thurs but enjoying a glass of cotes du rhone to celebrate the weekend.
06 Sep 2013, 20:06
Very large glass of Rioja tonight...I think it tastes better too as I have abstained for 3 days!! Will try to achieve 4 next week! Happy weekend everybody!
06 Sep 2013, 20:35
No I didn't have the vodka. So one and a half glasses of wine since Sunday. Woo hoo
8 posts Page 1 of 1