The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 1 of 2
It's my 'slimmaversary'!
03 Feb 2014, 01:20
This time last year I hated myself. I couldn't bear to see myself in a mirror and don't anyone DARE take a photo! I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, I was glucose intolerant and the osteoarthritis that I had in both hips and my lower spine was sometimes so bad I could hardly move. :frown:

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 1½ lbs this week. :)

That makes 49 lbs since this time last year which is an average of a fraction under 1 lb per week. Not bad going when I look back despite a few hurdles and ups and downs along the way. I still have 12 lbs to go to get to my interim target (19 lbs to get to my 'ideal' weight) but slowly and surely I'm getting there. :evilgrin:

I did calorie reduction at first and lost 35lbs, then reached a two month plateau and then started 5:2 at the beginning of November - to kick start my weight loss I hoped - I got all the info I need online so I didn't need to buy a book and there are no special products so it doesn't cost me an extra penny. :like: I bet the diet industry HATES 5:2!!

It's been a journey but I am determined that the weight is not 'lost' - it has gone and it is not getting back. My blood pressure and cholesterol levels are 'normal', my glucose tolerance, is 'normal' and I haven't had to take any painkillers for months as my osteoarthritis doesn't bother me at all. I can walk for miles and even jog a fair distance. I wear size 12UK jeans now, all the big clothes have gone to the charity shop. I can look in the mirror and don't even mind having my photograph taken. :wink: :heart:

I am following the 'Couch to 5k' running plan and my next challenge is to run - yes run! - in the Cancer Research 'Race for Life' 5k ...hopefully in 2015. :clover:

I can't believe that this time last year I was such a total mess physically and visually and was carrying around the equivalent of nearly 25 bags of sugar! :lol:

Onwards and downwards!!
Re: It's my 'slimmaversary'!
03 Feb 2014, 02:07
That is really incredible, and inspiring, @sylvestra.

You should be so proud of yourself!

It just goes to show, slow and steady wins the race.

Well done!
03 Feb 2014, 02:09
Happy Slimmaversary Sylv x x
Enjoyed reading your story..you must be thrilled to bits and enjoying your better health,better body,better state of mind!
Your hard work has paid off and transformed your life completely!x :like:
03 Feb 2014, 02:14
Congratulations! What excellent results :-)
03 Feb 2014, 02:23
What fabulous results! Congratulations! :victory: :victory: :victory:
03 Feb 2014, 02:49
What an inspiring story, and I love the way you weight is gone not lost, never to be refound. Well done!!!!
03 Feb 2014, 05:34
A great loss.

Happy Slimmaversary.

Lesley
03 Feb 2014, 05:39
Well done you? Loving that you have got so many health benefits from it and are geting soooooo fit! Good luck with the 5k. My eldest started the C25k last spring and is coming put to the sandpit to run a half marathon :shock: maybe you next ;)
Brilliant result.:)
03 Feb 2014, 05:55
:smile: Congratulations! You must be feeling on top of the world in every way. I'm very pleased for you. :like:
03 Feb 2014, 07:27
Congratulations Sylvestra :like: and thanks for sharing your journey. A great achievement :smile:
03 Feb 2014, 08:39
What a fantastic story for me to start the day with! Congratulations! :victory:
03 Feb 2014, 08:44
Congratulations & Happy slimmaversary :like:
I bet you are feeling very pleased with yourself.
03 Feb 2014, 08:47
Congratulations! I think one of the best things about this forum is reading the stories from people like you who are successful - they really do spur you on to persevere. So glad you feel great :-)
03 Feb 2014, 08:54
:heart: Happy Anniversary @sylvestra :heart:
Blimey I thought I was reading my own journey there for a moment just the same the pain + lack of mobility so I know exactly how good it feels to lose the pain alone. :heart:
Well done on your weightloss and I'm so pleased this WOL kickstarted it once again, you've had a brilliant loss this week so your interim goal not far away, we know that we will meet our goals for the fist time in our lives without doubt and that in itself is an amazing feeling. :heart: :heart:
03 Feb 2014, 09:13
Well done @Sylvestra you must feel wonderful now! With 5:2 keeping the weight you've lost off, should be a breeze! You're right, though, I bet the diet industry DO hate 5:2...its so cheap!

Er...any chance of some photos?!!

Bean :starving: :heart:
24 posts Page 1 of 2