The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

31 posts Page 1 of 3
I started this way of eating in April and I think read something incorrect that it's ok to eat as you go all day as long as within the "day of fasting" you dont exceed 1/4 TDEE. Anyway 3 monthS on, Ive switched to "no graze method". Just coffee and water after a very light breakfast till dinner. Hoping to see better weight loss results without changing my activity levels.

I thought Id be so hungry through the day but even on fast days I realise grazing is just a habit that I've developed for a good 10 years.

Anyway today was my second no graze day and it was so simple. Not even nuts or corn kernels, or an apple. Only once did I feel just a bit hungry so grabbed another coffee.

I believe for max weight loss results and health benefits, you keep away from food for a good 10 or 12 hours on the nominated days.
I agree Juliana, if I graze I'm just hungrier. I don't eat until night now. I don't think it's helping the weight loss but it is easier for me this way.
I agree. I cant even have breakfast on a fast day. The longer I go without eating the easier it gets but as soon as I eat...the food obsessed monster comes out!! Rooooaaaarrrrr!! Best just not to eat until the evening I think :)
Same here. But I got my first graze box today....I've tasted each bit for lunch, which I have managed to skip on recent fasts. Just had to have an anisley cuppa soup. Never mind. I ain't gonna beat myself up about it.
Hi I also gave up the grazing on day one of this WOL because I found that I became more hungry so quickly changed to evening meal only :heart:
Except today where I've had snack because I developed a headache, that's gone now :clover: Sue
carieoates wrote: Same here. But I got my first graze box today....I've tasted each bit for lunch, which I have managed to skip on recent fasts. Just had to have an anisley cuppa soup. Never mind. I ain't gonna beat myself up about it.

What's a graze box?
hi Juliana

they are healthy snacks you can order in a small box, you decide how many you want, when you want them and they are all quite yummy! I get mine every 2 weeks, not sure if you have something similar in Australia though? here their website for you to have a look
http://www.graze.com
Angie xx :clover: :heart:
I agree it is best to wait until dinner time as long as you adequately hydrate throughout the day and that way the hunger pangs stay at bay, but then @breadandwine wrote extensively about the hunger switch
Thank you so much for all your encouraging posts! I have just joined and this is my very first day of the 5:2 diet. I clicked in this thread first because I just turned down a tiny nibble for lunch and decided to save the rest of my cals for dinner - now I know I have made the right choice! :like:
angie090465 wrote: hi Juliana

they are healthy snacks you can order in a small box, you decide how many you want, when you want them and they are all quite yummy! I get mine every 2 weeks, not sure if you have something similar in Australia though? here their website for you to have a look
http://www.graze.com
Angie xx :clover: :heart:

Nothing of the sort here or not that I know of. Interesting concept.
Welcome to the forum beckyloveschocolate! :)
Yes! I was very scared about this aspect of fasting, and I'm shocked at how well I'm able to skip snacking. It's one of the reasons I love this WOL better than WW. WW encouraged snacking, so I was always obsessing and eating more than was allowed. Fast days are easy - the answer is just no I can't have a bite of anything until my meal. I think it makes the meal taste better, too.
Now, I'm trying to do this of feed days. I think that will make a big difference for me, if I can skip all snacking and just stick to meals.
Just when I thought there was enough temptation in my life...... I just Googled Graze boxed *sigh*
SianS wrote: Just when I thought there was enough temptation in my life...... I just Googled Graze boxed *sigh*

They're not all high cal SianS. In fact i consider them to be fairly healthy. But it was like Xmas day when the postie came today. Most of them are on MFP.
I'm on a fast day today - my third in total since starting - I confess that I had a little snack earlierbut other than that it's been coffee, water and 1 marmite tea for a change of flavour!

I've been meaning to register with Graze.com for a while now - with all this talk of them I think I will have to do that later! After I've had my meal though - otherwise I'll be ordering everything!!

Not long til teatime now - just off out to walk the dog with a friend!
31 posts Page 1 of 3