The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 2 of 2
Just catching up here and I'm glad that things have picked up again for you. I was ALWAYS an emotional eater. One day I read a post on one of my horse forums (yes, really) where a woman was talking about her compulsive over-eating tendences and I realised that was ME too! I couldn't open a packet of biscuits and eat two or three, I HAD to eat the whole pack. I felt ashamed of myself. I realised that every time I sat down at my PC to go online, I'd always grab a handful of biccies and a couple of cherry bakewells.... In that post I learned about establishing "coping mechanisms" and diversions.... changing the routines and habits of my lifestyle to cut out all the nibbling and snacking. And it worked a treat! I'm not going to tell you it was easy, but I stuck with it and I've now moved on.

One of the things that REALLY helped, would you believe, was this.... I went onto modelmydiet.com and did a computer simulation of the model of the weight I was at the time and another of the weight I wanted to be. I spliced both images together and had them as the wallpaper on my PC. So EVERY time I sat down to use it, that image came up and reminded me of who I was and where I wanted to head. That definitely worked for me.... I didn't remove it until I hit my target either!

All the best in your journey xx
Reference weddings. Hubby was put on standby for the first Gulf War, meaning he could be called back up. We got married in a hurry, on a quicky license. As I said to him at the time, "if anyone is going to be shooting at you, I want the insurance". Such a romantic , aren't I? Well the invitations, to a select few, got handed out the evening before the wedding at the registry office, and we had 3 days away. It was actually the best thing for us, we now realise years down the line that I would have stressed about the wedding and who to invite, who not, dresses, suits, hotels etc. that it wouldn't have been enjoyable for us. Just for everyone else. For us, it was romantic and felt a bit 'Gretna Greenish' as if we were doing something naughty. It also gives us a fantastic tale to tell the kids.
17 posts Page 2 of 2