The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Just wanted to share
23 Sep 2013, 17:12
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share that I have just complete my first day of fasting and it really wasn't as hard as I thought! I still have to make dinner yet and I thought I was feel so hungry all day but I really didn't. I guess running around after children all day kind of takes your mind off it :wink: I'm feeling rather proud of myself at the moment and I wanted to share with you all!! :like:

Peace and love

Dreamer xx
Re: Just wanted to share
23 Sep 2013, 17:18
Well done Daydreamer!

Am sure you will find it gets even easier now, happy fasting! :-)
23 Sep 2013, 17:19
Well done dreamer :heart:
I usually say in my welcome message that its easier than you believe to go through until evening meal :heart: now you know what to expect.
You should be proud. Good Luck with all that follow :clover: Sue :clover:
23 Sep 2013, 17:28
Thank you!!! I thought it would be a real struggle but it actually wasn't. So long as I kept drinking water I was perfectly fine :smile:
23 Sep 2013, 19:08
Well done. It doesn't take long to realise that we won't die of hunger. Good luck with the next one. And it's ok go to bed if you get hungry later even if it is only 9.30.
23 Sep 2013, 19:19
Good for you. I'm fasting today too and can't believe I'm not that hungry - yet! I find that lots of hot beverages really help. On Dr. Varady's facebook page, she says that hot black tea or coffee can stave off hunger for 1 - 2 hours. It's true. It's really working for me. So grateful. I hate feeling so hungry, I can chew my husband's arm off! I have some very high protein pre-made shakes for later.
23 Sep 2013, 19:37
Go girl! :victory: :victory: :victory:
23 Sep 2013, 20:13
Well done on doing your first fast. I'm on my 4th today. On the 2nd I was really hungry all day but the others have been fine. Today I didn't feel hungry at all. I hope your fast days continue to be as easy as mine.
Good luck with this WOE
Dee:)
23 Sep 2013, 22:24
Welcome to the Forums Dreamer. Fasting changes your whole relationship with food, you will be pleasantly surprised a few more times yet.

For subsequent fasts, it may help with hunger pangs if you don't have many carbs the last meal before a fast.
9 posts Page 1 of 1