The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Kick up the arse, please?
26 Jul 2013, 08:47
Great news - I told you I'd be checking up!
26 Jul 2013, 12:37
Right, halfway through the second day and I am feeling a bit off-colour.

Today I've had: 2 filter coffees with soy milk, 1 wedge of honeydew melon, and just now have had my lunch, half a can of beans. I'm planning on half a pack of the waitrose ham tortellini for dinner with some tomatoes, and then a couple of episodes of The Wire.
26 Jul 2013, 13:33
Hang in there @swingy! Please don't think of fast days as some sort of punishment though - rather they're a wonderful way to give your body a chance to repair.

Can you think of some of your very favourite / exotic foods and somehow fit them exclusively into your fast day - that way you might look forward to it? As you'll not be having much of whatever-it-is it could be an expensive luxury, e.g. a special cheese / caviar / gourmet preserve, that you couldn't afford in 'normal' quantities. Not sure why I didn't think of that before - FatDog goes off to make a list... :)
26 Jul 2013, 13:40
Swingy, back-to-back fasts are tough.

By my clock it is 14.40, which makes it less than 4 hours to Ham Tortellini!

Stick with it 4 hours isn't that long :like:
26 Jul 2013, 18:57
Yay, eight o'clock and I think I've done it. In myfitnesspal my calories came in at 586 (a tiny tiny piece of cheese and some cherries were my downfall), but I'm pretty pleased with that.

Determined to start the 30 day shred tomorrow and will try to do it Sunday and Monday too, as I'm off both of those days. Thanks everyone for helping me out so much. Hopefully I can help some of you some time in return. XX
26 Jul 2013, 19:08
Yay well done you :like:

Cherries - lord I can eat them till I feel sick, but they do tend to whiz through the digestive system so they can't be all bad :oops:
26 Jul 2013, 21:08
Swingy, would you find it easier to not eat till evening? A lot of people find that as soon as food passes their lips their 'hunger switch' is switched on and they feel hungry all day instead of in short bursts. So they leave all their calories till evening.

You may also find that going low carb on fast days helps too. You get very little in the way of food for your calories when you add in high carb foods such as the beans and the pasta in the tortellini.
28 Jul 2013, 13:36
Hi guys, just to update you, I got on the scales after the 2 day fast and was back to 10st 12, yay! I've also started the 30 day shred again, done it yesterday and today, and am determined to finish it.

Julieathome, it's not so much the hunger that gets me on fast days, it's more the feeling weird - sort of low blood sugary and shaky - that's why the lunch - dinner combo thing works better for me. Though you're right, I should make better choices food wise and not just grab whatever's easy when I'm in a rush! More veggies and more protein would be better.

My motivation is honestly to be fitter and healthier, yes, but also to have the body that I know I *could* have, if I just worked for it - just a tighter, more toned, leaner version of me. I've taken pics in my bikini yesterday, the first day of the 30 day shred, and will take another set at day 10, and one at day 30 (please let me get there without dying...). I'm relatively young at 29, have had no kids, but have pretty bad muscle tone and too much fat at 30%, and there's no reason for it but that I'm a desk jockey, stress/comfort eat, and don't exercise. Well no more. I am done feeling sorry for myself and am going to put as much effort into my workouts now as I can, and keep up 5:2 for my health.

Next fast day Tuesday 30th, and I am ready!
28 Jul 2013, 16:58
Good on you. I wish I had thought like that when I was your age.
25 posts Page 2 of 2