The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Knackered! Is is just me?
06 Feb 2014, 15:19
This is my 2nd fast day, the first was supposed to be Monday but it ended up being Tuesday instead so I've fasted then eaten then fasted again iyswim.,

I ate normally yesterday, although I didn't eat rubbish like I usually do. I didn't watch the calories but I know I didn't eat as much as normal (note - my 'normal' is a lot :oops: )

Today I'm fasting again and whilst I'm hungry, I'm not overly so, which is good.

Thing is though, I'm feeling really tired. I'm not sure if that's possibly just because my body is in shock, lol. It usually gets fed regularly throughout the day. :grin:

Does anyone else feel like this on fast days? I don't think I was as tired on my 1st fast day.

Please tell me this is likely to be a transitional thing that will pass?
Re: Knackered! Is is just me?
06 Feb 2014, 15:21
Yep, transitional, stick with it honey, your body will adapt in a week or two.
06 Feb 2014, 15:27
Have a cup of bouillon or miso soup, the salt may help (it does for me ;) ).
06 Feb 2014, 15:30
Thanks guys. Don't have any bouillon or miso soup but I've been drinking green tea. I have to persuade myself it's good for me. (*insert yukky face here*) :grin:
06 Feb 2014, 16:49
Or an oxo cube. That's my fave at the moment.
06 Feb 2014, 16:57
carieoates wrote: Or an oxo cube. That's my fave at the moment.

Yes oxo works for me also but also make sure you drink plenty water throughout the days. :heart:
06 Feb 2014, 17:33
Oh I hate green tea - I don't care how healthy it is! It tastes like lawn clippings! LOL

I have espresso with a small splash of milk (about 1 tablespoon/14ml). Its about 9 calories and I figure it doesn't affect my fasts. :-)
06 Feb 2014, 18:41
I've tried to like green tea but I just can't. Coffee though is my lifesaver! I have it instead of breakfast every day and a couple of cups will get me through to lunch with no problem.
06 Feb 2014, 18:48
If you try a green tea from Tea Pigs you may be pleasantly surprised!

Bean :wink:
06 Feb 2014, 19:20
I have tried and tried to like green tea, and failed. However, green tea with lemon is really very pleasant and I drink it quite often now :smile: Give it a go, honestly it REALLY different to plain green tea.
06 Feb 2014, 19:24
Winsome wrote: I have tried and tried to like green tea, and failed. However, green tea with lemon is really very pleasant and I drink it quite often now :smile: Give it a go, honestly it REALLY different to plain green tea.

must agree Winsome. I'd given up on trying to like green tea until I tried Aldi's green tea with lemon and was pleasantly surprised. It's really nice and refreshing. :like:
06 Feb 2014, 19:41
Re green tea - I can't stand it either but Callyanna's suggestion of green tea with lemon could be worth a try. I already have two packets of green tea in the store cupboard ( one unopened ) and wonder if adding a slice of lemon would have the same effect ? I grudge binning food when it's still ok , but have to admit I'll never drink this stuff it in its "natural" state . . . . . . even Lapsang Souchong with its tarry ropes smell is more palatable !!!
Goldilox .
12 posts Page 1 of 1