The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Lovely Sunday!
06 Oct 2013, 16:47
What a lovely sunny day, pottered at the garden centre, some gardening in the afternoon and then a nice roast at the local with a couple of ciders!! Don't you love 5:2?? X
Re: Lovely Sunday!
06 Oct 2013, 17:03
Went for a look round Burghley House and Gardens, Stamford. Sumptuous and wonderful.
Have NOT counted calories today so roast dinner tonight, fasting from 7pm for 24 hours :0)
06 Oct 2013, 17:18
I agree MissyMoo! Lovely sunny warm day,hard to believe its October!
Had great sunday lunch at 1.30 pm -
small amount of turkey,tons of carrot and turnip,romano beans ( havent even heard of them before,they are nice!) two very small roasties and a little onion gravy :razz:
Dont you just love sunday roast! ( and yeh 5:2)
Then i had a Mr Whippy 99 icecream,minus the choccy flake bar.just water to drink.
still very full this evening..think i might give any more food a miss,and wake tomorrow for monday fast n repair..if i eat at 8 pm tomorrow i will have fasted / repaired for 30 hrs.
Hope any sunday fastees are having / had a good day! X
06 Oct 2013, 17:23
CandiceMarie - how can you have a 99 minus the flake?? That's almost the best part????

I'm fasting today - poor me !!!!!
06 Oct 2013, 17:29
Oooh scrambled egg & ham on toast, followed by a 2-hour hack in the forest on my babe, with OH in attendance on bike. Back home for left-overs (rib of beef with blue cheese butter) then lawns mowed & some general fiddling around the garden.

Now settling down for a tomatoe based chicken sauce with zero noodles , ready for much-needed fasting tomorrow (& probably Thursday too this week :shock:)
06 Oct 2013, 18:44
Bell ringing for harvest festival this morning then 14.6 miles on bike as fast as possible (not quite a PB), a bite of refreshment (damsons, chocolate) then out on bike again with OH, 8.4 miles at a very steady pace - lovely weather for biking. Waiting to get into kitchen to prepare the veg as OH is making mushroom gougère, which apparently takes hours... Sort of 16:8 day to make up for last night's unexpectedly good curry!

Just got the call to the kitchen...
06 Oct 2013, 18:51
Moving caravan on Anglesey, ready for the Oyster festival next weekend. Took dogs around the Coast path - they came back wet, smelly and happy! (we came back wet and happy!!)
Just being the 2 of us now, we have stopped roast dinners - and very liberating it is, too!
06 Oct 2013, 20:25
lovemyparrot wrote: CandiceMarie - how can you have a 99 minus the flake?? That's almost the best part????

I'm fasting today - poor me !!!!!

I know, i agree..It was a small nod towards keeping the calorie count down! :razz:
Have you had an Oyster..even better than a 99.. X

Hope yr fast is now over x
06 Oct 2013, 20:39
Sounds like everyone had had a lovely relaxing Sunday!

We had a party for my now 5 year old son, so the morning was spent manically making cakes and the afternoon entertaining 6 5 year olds and 3 2 year olds! Luckily it was lovely and warm so the children played outside while the grown ups ate cake (!), so let's just say I need to fast big time tomorrow!!
06 Oct 2013, 20:55
German friends over for lunch. Five courses eek, Asian food. Good job we had a long walk afterward. Indeed a lovely day. Good job tomorrow is a fast day :oops: :oops:
06 Oct 2013, 21:36
Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Sunday. I was resting up my back, laid around in bed watching TV, took a nice long bath, indulged in too much food. Fasting will make me feel so much better tomorrow :)
11 posts Page 1 of 1