The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

I'm sorry - I have yet ANOTHER question..... :oops:

My TDEE is different on every single calculator, so I did a very quick calculation of all the results, divided them to get the mean average, and got 2011. All the sites specify that to lose, you must deduct approx 300 cals, leaving me with 1700 on feed days.

My question is this: do I take the standard TDEE of 2011 OR the TDEE less 300, giving 1700 calories?
I've lost a wee bit of weight so far (whoopeeeeee :grin: ) but this week my waist measurement is back to the starting size, I'm bloated.....and I've gained.
The whole notion of eating normally for 5 days was what attracted me (plus the numerous health benefits), after living on 1200-1400 since March.
So am I to eat 2000, or 1700?

Many thanks - and again, apologies if this has been addressed.

:smile:
2000, the calorie deficit comes from your fast days. :)

For days that I feel like checking my calories, I use the TDEE provided with the forum's Progress Tracker.
Woooooo!!! Bring it ON!! :-)

Thanks Betsy - hoping this will kick-start my body into loosing again x
This is an old thread, I realise. I am confused because I cannot see TDEE on the Progress Tracker, any hints? People above have mentioned that they use the TDEE provided with the forum's Progress Tracker. Did I fill my details in wrongly or something? I have only been on this plan and forum for a week and a half so still bumbling my way around.
@Sotellme, When you pull up your Progress Tracker, do you see the box with BMI? The TDEE Box is a couple spaces under the BMI box on the right.
Betsy, no, I don't have that box. I only have the BMI one.
I cannot remember what I filled in when I joined but I didn't know about TDEE then so maybe I missed entering some data at regristration?? :?:
have you set your activity level? it could be that...
Hmmm, I do not remember and I cannot see where to do it. Any ideas?
@carorees , I have found the activity level setting and, yes, I did have it set. I haven't entered the waist measurement settings or the body fat percentage though :?: :?:
I found a TDEE calculator off site (had to google) and got a level from there but I see people talking about a TDEE calculator on this site...haven't found that yet.
9 posts Page 1 of 1