The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
Thanks @Silverdarling!

A suggested week-long plan for a beginner to HIT might include skipping for as fast as you can for 90 seconds before resting and repeating, sprinting for 20 second intervals on day two, sprinting on an exercise bike for eight seconds, then 12 seconds recovery and repeat over four minutes, running up stairs and walking back down over four minutes on day four and cycling in a fast burst of three minutes during an eight minute long cycle on day five.

Interesting shift -- it seems he's going beyond the 3x per week with 3x20sec per HIIT workout that his original experiment suggested. One question I have as I start out with HIIT is how many days/week I should do it without worrying about overtraining and all that rot.
BruceE wrote: Speaking of Mosley's new book on HIIT, has anyone read it? I tried searching for a review of it on this forum, but of course with words like "fast" and "HIIT" and "Mosely" and "exercise" it tends to produce a lot of results...

It's also not clear to me if the book is available outside the UK just yet. Before I try to find it and buy it, however, I was wondering if it had anything new or worth it or if it has basically the same sort of information that has already been posted on these forums. :-)

The book appears on the left side of this home page. £3.50 on amazon. But I'm UK. So that prob doesn't help you does it.
rawkaren wrote: Love that show :like:

My family are fed up with it. I record it at yen same time as watching, so I can check out the food and drink bits again. I often take myself of to the utility room and iron whilst it's on. Did anyone see the clay pot throwing by Johnny Vegas.

Watching splash now....ooh Tom Daley. Old/young enough to be me son. But ain't he fit ? :razz:
Thank you for highlighting this Caroline. I hadn't realised that Michael Mosley had written a book about exercise & my OH & I are rather exercise phobic.I read an extract of the book on Amazon & have just bought it & Paul Hollywoods book Pies & Puds, rather conflicting messages on getting fit :grin: , but buying something else enabled me to spend over £10 & get free postage. So here's to trying some new recipes & trying to get fitter.
carieoates wrote: The book appears on the left side of this home page. £3.50 on amazon. But I'm UK. So that prob doesn't help you does it.

Yeah I followed that link but don't think I can buy stuff off the UK Amazon page. Eventually it will make its way to the US Amazon site, but here in the states we need to wait 6-12 months for the best that UK media has to offer... :cry:

(Especially stuff like Dr. Who and Torchwood.)

I'm going to need to make an excuse to make a trip to Scotland for work I'm doing there and then remember to pick up the book while I'm there. :smile:
BruceE wrote:
carieoates wrote: The book appears on the left side of this home page. £3.50 on amazon. But I'm UK. So that prob doesn't help you does it.

Yeah I followed that link but don't think I can buy stuff off the UK Amazon page. Eventually it will make its way to the US Amazon site, but here in the states we need to wait 6-12 months for the best that UK media has to offer... :cry:

(Especially stuff like Dr. Who and Torchwood.)

I'm going to need to make an excuse to make a trip to Scotland for work I'm doing there and then remember to pick up the book while I'm there. :smile:

I know it's very frustrating, we have to put up with things like this also. Eg I would like a fitbit force!
BruceE wrote:
carieoates wrote: Yeah I followed that link but don't think I can buy stuff off the UK Amazon page. ...

http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Exercise-Mic ... B00GTO0OK2
I think I saw the book in Tescos the other day - UK again I'm afraid
ADFnFuel wrote:
BruceE wrote:
carieoates wrote: Yeah I followed that link but don't think I can buy stuff off the UK Amazon page. ...

http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Exercise-Mic ... B00GTO0OK2

I clicked on ADFnFuel's link and a pop-up said it is also available on Kindle. So, @BruceE, you may not have to wait. :)
24 posts Page 2 of 2