The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: *MOTHER'S DAY KNICKERS
30 Mar 2014, 16:39
I did not laugh....instead I cried.....what does that say, I don't know. My dear mum died 16 years ago too soon for me and her.
My dad had his laundry mixed up a bit in the home he spent his last few months in: trousers too small, slippers missing, that sort of thing....dementia is hard to come to terms with.
But today I am lucky to be treated to a lovely home cooked luncheon by my younger son, flowers from my elder son too who can't be with me today and feeling truly blessed.
I greatly miss my mother and my father.....I am now the matriarch.
Maybe I should laugh with you all at Ballerina's knickers around the ankles story....but it's just too sad for me. :cry:
"Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone." :cry: :cry:
30 Mar 2014, 16:52
Auriga, please don't be sad, my mother was 91 when she died, I was with her and felt privileged to have been her daughter. She was great fun to be with and had lived an extremely healthy life until her late 80s. She herself was hugely amused when I told her about her knicker incident. I saw her 3 or 4 times every day and I know that brought great comfort to her at the end. She did not have dementia so she knew me right to the end and knew that I loved her dearly as I never left her without saying so just in case I never saw her again, I wanted those to be the last words she ever heard me say to her and in the event, they were. She always had a smile for everyone and if I can be half as good a person as she was then she will not have lived in vain. She had a wonderful capacity to laugh at her own shortcomings and it is with huge love and respect that I remember her, so, nothing to be sad about, just wish she was still here. One day I hope you can feel the same way but I do understand how hard it is to lose beloved parents, hugs to you..... :heart:

Ballerina x :heart:
30 Mar 2014, 17:14
Typical Ballerina - a great story which made me both laugh and cry.
30 Mar 2014, 18:54
Another classic from our resident forum jester @ballerina Thanks for the laughs and yes the lump in my throat
Been treated for mothers day and yes helps to numb some of the pain but Thornton's chocks again!!!!
:clover: :clover: :clover:
30 Mar 2014, 19:59
Ah, @Ballerina - you have a right way with words! It reminded me of my dear old Gran...who lived in a residential home until the age of 93. We too labelled everything, but would find her dressed in other ladies' clothes all the time! I loved the bit about "first up, best dressed" - that really made me smile...

Thank you for taking so much time to post such a lovely piece.

Sending special big hugs to all those who no longer have their Mums with them xx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
30 Mar 2014, 20:32
Beautiful @Ballerina :like:

I laughed and cried, as I should, it's normal. My Mother is 89 this year and my Poppa is 95. They are both still coping in the family home, but probably not for much longer without Mum having a full time PA :wink: Mum has organised a new en suite, the builders arrive at 8am tomorrow - and she has run my lovely sister :heart: rugged over the last few weeks.

Ballerina, your Mum would have loved your story, there is a part of her in you. :heart: I live 250 miles from my Mother and Poppa, we laugh a lot on the phone, in fact Mum is often giddy - that moment when you can't catch your breath and you stomach HURTS big time! :shock:

So, I'm off to Lancs next weekend for a visit and to have a blooming good giggle with Mum and a sing song and dance with Dad (Frank Sinatra), oh and some Campari and cake. :wink:

Happy woman's day to all, one of my sister's who does not have children is one of the best Mother's of all. :heart:

Yeh, now I'm 16lbs lighter I'm off to buy new knickers, so my daughter Blaise knows what is coming. :wink:

Happy time and happy memories to all.

Lizbean :heart:
21 posts Page 2 of 2