The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Motivational tips!!
16 Jul 2014, 21:10
Merlin wrote: Meeting fellow fasters works well-it would be terribly embarrassing if you put the weight back on. I am fortunate enough to live fairly close to callyanna and PennyForthem so we tend to go to the same meet ups! Anyone in Cheshire /Manchester area should try and join us-we don't bite-especially on a fast day nor do we talk much about dieting!

Is there a meetups section here? :cool:
16 Jul 2014, 21:38
Not really-people post if they want to organise one and await replies.
16 Jul 2014, 21:59
Perhaps we ought to then, Merlin. And invite @pip
16 Jul 2014, 22:12
]Yes. I see she is in NE though, maybe@Silverdarling would be closer
17 Jul 2014, 04:49
I picked up on how they spoke and not knowing to ask if you were OK or ill. interesting as weight loss is often concomitant with a life threatening disease or condition.

My tip is fasting in your "day" or "window of a day" but practice mindful eating all of the time, whilst enjoying some real comfort food or treats every now and then, with no guilt or feeling of harm.

And more generally. Go to bed with a smile and wake up with a smile regardless of the day you have had or the day that will be.
17 Jul 2014, 09:15
@Lizbean having you as my ace buddy is obviously brilliant motivation!

Spanners tips:

I like looking at my progress tracker, I am feeling squidgy right now at my post holiday 61kg but I remember how ashamed I felt at 73kg and how far I have come! :victory:

I also like to remind myself that I can have the thing I am craving the next day, and then quite often I don't want it!

I also try to make myself be patient, each fast day is a baby step, I want long term results and change. Very difficult for me as I am a now, now, now kinda girl. I motivate myself by thinking how this WOL will change me permanently and that is the real victory! :smile:

Love this forum x
17 Jul 2014, 10:07
Merlin wrote: ]Yes. I see she is in NE though, maybe@Silverdarling would be closer

Yeah I'm in South Tyneside :like:
17 Jul 2014, 13:45
@PennyforThem Thanks for this thread, greatly helpful.

I must be behind the times, what is the "hangout" that keeps being referred to? Is it here somewhere?

Keep up the great work everyone, I learn from all of you every day! :like:
17 Jul 2014, 21:23
I also agree that keeping an eye on this forum has definately kept me going. You are such a wonderful supportive, intelligent bunch. Any time I feel I am about to give in I can come here for a moan or for advice and you are always there for me. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I put on weight because I tend to use food as emotional support, comfort and motivation. It took me a while to recognise that and even longer to figure out how to change this habbit and motivate myself in other ways.

I now "earn" points when I have resisted something, or get to the end of a day without caving in. I preplan and enjoy the occasional treat, but the mindless munching in the evenings has been curbed, as have the biscuits with the cuppa, glasses of wine in the evenings etc. My "points" I spend on little rewards for myself. I dont have much cash, so I enjoy simple pleasures: a girlie mag, time with a friend, a bath (time to myself without the kids!).

My friend has a money jar and adds a small sum of cash each Friday she loses weight. This is her own holiday/clothes/beauty salon fund.
24 posts Page 2 of 2