The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: My fastiversery
15 Jan 2014, 21:02
I think we've all found it tough since Christmas - but you've been doing this a year, so don't stop now. Give yourself a bit of time and space, don't beat yourself up - and things will come right again. :clover: :like: :heart:
16 Jan 2014, 10:44
Panic over - I had a successful fast yesterday and today I'm at 9st 9lb so it wasn't all fat, but if I carry on binging then I will certainly put all of the weight back on again!

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement, I'm definitely going to get my bad eating habits under control again, weigh daily and fast twice each week. Sort of a belated New Years Resolution but one that I will stick to for the whole year. I suppose I will have to watch my eating for the rest of my life. Oh well, if that's what it takes to stay at a healthy weight then that's what I'll do. I used to be able to eat as much as I liked and always stayed slim but I am no longer young and my body has changed.
16 Jan 2014, 10:52
Well done coffeetime! Getting old's a bummer, isn't it? :wink: :razz:
16 Jan 2014, 12:09
Dear Coffeetime, I am glad to read that you had a successful fast. Pretty much everyone needs to watch what they eat that is why we call this a way of life (as opposed to a diet).

Onwards and downwards and all the best for your continued weight loss.
16 Jan 2014, 12:13
It certainly is @callyanna, but we have to make the best of it! :grin:
16 Jan 2014, 12:56
Congratulations on your fastiversary! You and I started on the same day last year although looking at our current BMI's worlds apart!
I too put on over Christmas .. actually on reflection I didn't put on over Christmas but over tucking in to all the leftover chocs, cake and pud that seem to have gone on forever in my household!
I have done two good fasts since last Monday (13th) and have lost most of the surplus and am now getting back on track!
I'm sure that you will soon be back to your target weight. :smile:
HJ
16 Jan 2014, 13:20
Happy Fastiversary. Sounds like you're back on track.
22 posts Page 2 of 2