The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Nausea when hungry
22 Oct 2013, 11:11
Hi All,

I have been doing 16:8 over a month now as the 5:2 and 4:3 just didnt suit running around and feeding 2 small children all day long without me wanting to kill & possibly even eat them too :)The main thing about 16:8 is that it really fits with my lifestyle and I find it really doable without taking over my life.

However I find the mornings tricky because I always feel sick before I have my milky tea with sugar, which someone rightly pointed out to me is breaking the fast. I tried just taking black tea or green tea, but they both actually make me retch and vomit violently so they are non runners. I feel just sick without anything (not fun when trying to entertain a 20month old all morning), so I need to do something that settles my stomach without breaking the fast - any ideas?

Also does anyone else have this - is it normal? And is there a way to stop it, is it something else that I'm eating that makes it happen?
Re: Nausea when hungry
22 Oct 2013, 11:18
I know that sick feeling but I don't get it anymore. Have your tea if it makes you feel better but maybe try to gradually lessen how much milk and sugar you put on it. You might find you can wean yourself off the sugar altogether. On fast days I still put a spash of milk in my tea and coffee but no sugar.
22 Oct 2013, 11:42
hi Scubelle

sorry to hear about the sickness, I can sort of relate to that because if I don't eat anything in the morning I feel terrible too, have been doing 5.2 for over 3 months now and its going well, I really envy all the members on here who eat nothing at all till their evening meal!!
I don't have much and always make sure I don't go over the 500 cal,usually a toasted crumpet(low cal) or very small pancake, it helps as its quite dry..with black coffee, then just water till around midday..am one of those who spread their 500 cal throughout the day :-)
hope it eases off for you, take care and good luck :-)
22 Oct 2013, 11:59
Umm, nausea in the mornings and (according to your other thread) a gain in weight....any chance you might be pregnant?? :shock:
22 Oct 2013, 12:12
Lol Carorees! My suggestion was to have some grated ginger in whatever you drink, great for nausea, including morning sickness!!!

You can put it into a tea strainer or small sieve to get the flavour without actually eating it and it wont break your fast.
22 Oct 2013, 12:33
Do you find you always feel nauseous in the morning, or just sometimes? I know there are some days I can feel so hungry I feel like that but it does pass with a bit of fresh air and a moment to relax. I wonder if it may be related to what you ate the night before, like how a carb-rich meal can make you feel hungrier the next day. Maybe have a look at what you're eating and if anything correlates to when you feel worst the next day - then see if there's anything you can change in the meal or add to it to help negate the feeling? More veg or protein perhaps? Some milk before bed? Just a thought!
22 Oct 2013, 15:29
Lol carorees :) I think you suggested that before when I was having a problem with the smell of Yogurt. I am ttc and sadly not pregnant right now, but here's hoping.
I have nausea every single morning without fail, some worse then others, Moogie I think you could be right and it may be to do with meal the night before, I'll do a low carb meal tonight and see if that helps. Umleila I think ginger tea would be great, might try that in the morning - it used to help with morning sickness when I was last pregnant, it's also cal negligent so I could get away with a few cups.
Thought it would be a bit more common...
7 posts Page 1 of 1