The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
New Year's resolutions
01 Jan 2016, 19:02
Allright, bring it on :) Food related or not. They say that when you write them down and share them with other people, you will stick to them longer and better.

For me:
1. eat bread and pastry no more than once a week (hard)
2. eat more vegetables daily (kinda hard in winter)
3. try to keep things "in the middle" on non-fast days, no extremes (very hard)
4. keep working at the gym (easy, I love it) and walking (easy, I grew fond of it in the last few weeks)
5. to make appoitments with my doctors, I neglected it long enough
Re: New Year's resolutions
02 Jan 2016, 10:29
This is my fun one - to learn how to twerk :grin: :grin: :grin: . A few years ago I taught myself how to hula hoop, last year I wanted to learn how to juggle but that is still work in progress.

On a more serious side I want to improve my health by -

getting to under 11st
substantially reducing my sugar intake by increasing protein and fat
upping my vegetable intake by making more soup
continuing to go to the gym twice a week but increase my cardio
do 5 mins of core exercises 5 times a week before I go to bed to reduce the number of times I get sciatica
Re: New Year's resolutions
02 Jan 2016, 12:10
Two 2016 resolutions for me:
* Reach my target weight
* Run a half marathon

I haven't a clue what my target weight should be, but there's probably 7 -14 lbs to go, plus the Xmas addition. I've a plan that has me losing the Xmas flab by mid-Feb & achieving a maintenance weight in the summer. Which probably means Dec 15th 2016, at the end of the next Xmas Challenge.

I also have not the first clue whether I could run 21k!
3 posts Page 1 of 1