The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
pinchypops, I just looked at your progress tracker and you have been losing at an amazing rate! I have no scientific info to back this up, but my personal opinion is that after losing that fast it is good to have a day now and then where you eat more than you normally would. The times I have done this I find I feel weighted down and bloated and I don't like the feeling. It just reinforces my commitment to sticking with this way of eating.

When I get the urge to eat I've been trying to first run through in my mind all the choices so I pick the one I crave the most. Often I end up too lazy to make it. As I write this, I remember seeing an article that said people do eat less if they think about what they are going to have first. It might be part of what they call mindful eating.

But who doesn't love peanut butter and wine! Peanut butter is one thing I can't have around. I would just eat it by the spoonful.
Hey pinchypops. How have you been doing? I only mentioned you on here yesterday on a thread about "where is such and such"
Same here, fast days aren't anything to stress over anymore, though I do have days where I think I don't fancy doing a fast the next day. But when fast day comes around I slide into it naturally. Today's dinner is a massive slow cooker pot of minestrone soup.

I too have found my feed days going well overboard, I am hoping that the talking too I gave myself today will work.
Hi carieoates - sorry, I've been so busy starting a new job, moving house twice within a month and doing my masters, I genuinely haven't had time to think! I miss this forum though and it's lovely to be able to come back after my break away xx
Hope you're all well, too! and peanut butter is SO GOOD! Especially on seeded bread with marmite - YUM!
Hi pincypops :heart:
Nice to hear from you and all being well.

Peanut butter i hate it big style !!! Red wine i love any style.
Not sure if you've kicked you plateau into touch yet but when i thought i'd hit one i reduced my carb intake on all days but as few as posibble on fastdays, almost given up bread completely so thats worth a try. Good Luck :clover: Sue. :clover:
I'm going to try two liquid fasts this week and see if that helps the plateau, as I've definitely hit one! Thanks for the advice xx
22 posts Page 2 of 2