The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
OMG - I'm freeeeezing
18 Nov 2013, 12:37
Monday = fast day for me and normally I am cold on those days, but today I'm freezing. On the verge of chattering my teeth, even though I put on a thick fluffy fleece jacket when I got home my fingers are like icicles and I would more than ever want to climb in under the duvet. But, I have to take Fiona for her manicure (nicer word that clipping her claws) in an hour.
At my age freezing is very unusual :oops:
Re: OMG - I'm freeeeezing
18 Nov 2013, 12:45
Have some bouillon! The warm drink will warm you up from the inside and I think the salt will help with regulating some warmth. At the very least, holding a warm mug will warm your hands and fingers. ;)
18 Nov 2013, 12:45
Me too, and I'm sure it's a lot warmer in Paris than it is in Sweden. Our flat is very badly insulated so I'm sitting here fully clothed and wearing a hat and a fleece dressing gown and I have the portable heater next to me, and I'm still not even warm. I'm going to finish my work (OK start it...) and then I'm going to do some exercise, it's the best way I know of keeping warm on a fast day!
18 Nov 2013, 13:13
I am a bit odd, I love the cold outside... Just one eception, when I wake up and it's only 15° in the room. As I sleep naked, you can imagine how it can feel.....

Tea, coffee, bouillon, or whatever warm. Love to have a hot lemon or some mulled wine :grin:
18 Nov 2013, 13:19
I love sleeping in a freezing cold room but snuggled under the duvet. However today I'm cold too. I can't get my feet warm at all.
18 Nov 2013, 13:32
rawkaren wrote: I love sleeping in a freezing cold room but snuggled under the duvet. However today I'm cold too. I can't get my feet warm at all.

I can't stand heating on in the bedroom either but I do wear bedsocks as once my feet are cold there's no way I can get to sleep! :frown: Wear thermal socks and leggings under my trousers/jeans in winter too as I have really poor circulation and get chilblains otherwise.
18 Nov 2013, 13:45
My partner is even worse, he can't sleep if the window is closed and with the weather we have these days, you can imagine how cold it is in the bedroom when we wake up....
18 Nov 2013, 13:51
I am cold too and it's our summer and not even a fast day. It always heralds you are being successful with your fast ... If you are fasting. Hope warm drinks, some sox and extra layers helps. If I am too cold I go to bed with my blitzed wheat bag at my feet
18 Nov 2013, 14:37
Tuck a hot water bottle, or one of those microwave grain filled bags in your pants at the back, keep the kidney area warm. Actually warm your feet and socks up before putting your shoes on, in fact warm your shoes or slippers up as well. Its no use wearing warm socks if your feet are already cold.
The little hand warmers where you click the bit of metal inside them work really well shoved in your sock at ankle level.
My hubby has Rhumatoid Arthritis and feels the cold much worse than the rest of us. He now has thermal socks (tog 2.5) and padded ski trousers when he goes out in the winter. If your in Britain Primark have the best thermal brushed fleece socks we have found. But amazon do some as well
http://www.amazon.co.uk/WOMENS-THERMAL- ... rmal+socks
18 Nov 2013, 15:12
I'm freezing cold today too. For a quick warm up I sometimes use a hairdryer set on warm not hot, I use it on any body part that feels cold. The warmth doesn't last very long, just enough to enable me to get another thick jumper on.
18 Nov 2013, 15:18
And me - cold today! Got long sleeved top and two jumpers on! (and trousers obviously!). Think my little one is cold too - he keeps crawling on my lap for a cuddle! (definitely not complaining at that!!).
11 posts Page 1 of 1