The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Operation...postponed :-)
05 Nov 2013, 08:04
Here's hoping that 5:2 works well for you... how fantastic would it be if by simply doing this WOL you managed to avoid an operation like that. Wishing you all the luck in the world - keep us all updated won't you. :clover:
05 Nov 2013, 08:09
Thanks SO much everyone...I feel like a great weight has been lifted today (not from my chest obviously but you know what I mean!)

One of the best things I did this year is find this forum. I can't thank you enough! :heart:
05 Nov 2013, 08:14
@nursebean Isn't this just the best forum and WOL ever, ever, ever? - it's been a life changer for me (and I'm sure a life saver too - I certainly feel my life span has expanded due to better health) - this is just fab, fab, fab :grin: :heart:
05 Nov 2013, 09:43
@Suchard007 you are absolutely right! This is just extraordinarily wonderful isn't it! I am so impressed with your Avatar...you really are a new woman aren't you! This WOL just makes you feel healthier and slimmer and this forum bounces you along. I just LOVE it!!
:grin: :grin: :grin: :bugeyes: :victory:
08 Nov 2013, 17:02
I was so outraged today I just have to have a quick vent! As you know, I had second thoughts about having a breast reduction. I emailed the consultant's secretary to air my concerns and she said that he would be only too pleased to see me to discuss. Anyway, I saw him on Monday and it took literally 2 minutes (no exaggeration) for us to reach the conclusion that I should wait until I reach my goal weight.

Anyway, this morning I received a bill for £120 for the 2 minute "chat". Maybe I'm just very naive but I wasn't told I would be charged this. If I'd known, I would have just cancelled by email! What a waste of money :-(
08 Nov 2013, 18:04
Unfortunately that is a standard charge for private appointments. Last week I had an initial consultation which was £190, follow up is £110. And yes, they do charge every time you go. Thankfully I am covered through work.

They will always give you the cost upfront. They want your business so the secretaries are very used to people asking, how much is this etc. I have to do it for every item, like scans, blood tests etc as I only have an allowance from work.

Sorry to hear this for you. I have had appointments where they have literally been say 5 mins in total, and you get charged the same.
08 Nov 2013, 19:07
Ouch!

Ballerina x :heart:
22 posts Page 2 of 2