The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 1 of 2
Operation...postponed :-)
04 Nov 2013, 21:00
Well I've just seen my consultant and we have both come to the conclusion that it would be better to wait until the weight is off before going ahead with my breast reduction...and who knows, I may find I don't even need one after all (but I'm really quite sceptical about that!)

Anyway, I want to wholeheartedly thank you all for your comments and advice which have really saved me both money and pain...for now :heart:

I feel so relieved and eager to get on with this WOL! :bugeyes:
Re: Operation...postponed :-)
04 Nov 2013, 21:05
It sounds a sensible decision, and best of all, you and the surgeon agree on what you're doing!
04 Nov 2013, 21:06
Well that's great that you've taken the decision to postpone the op and see what happens a few months down the line after you've given your new WOE a chance to work its magic! :like: very happy for you! :grin:
04 Nov 2013, 21:15
That's fantastic news nursebean - I'm sure you won't regret this!
04 Nov 2013, 21:18
I think you have made the right decision, even if you ultimately go ahead with it you are clearly not ready yet so, well done and good luck :like:

Ballerina x :heart:
04 Nov 2013, 21:22
Very brave and wise lady. Well done. :like:
04 Nov 2013, 21:28
All the best now with shrinking as a lot of us have found it happens on this WOL slowly but steady and lots of options as to which way you can do your IF
04 Nov 2013, 22:31
:heart: Well Done nursy :heart:
I'm sure that's the right decision for now. :heart:
Wait and see just what happens over the next few months.
I know you don't want to lose anywhere near the amount i'm going for but the differance in 6 months for me is absolutly amazing, both size wise and shape. :heart:
Good Luck and now the easy bit starts for you. :clover: Sue. :clover:
04 Nov 2013, 22:35
I'm glad for you :like:

My principle concern was that you would have the op, then lose weight, find you weren't happy with your shape one way or the other, and wish you'd waited. This way, IF you end up too large or saggy when at your goal weight, you can have the op then and get it spot on.

Here's to a good 5:2 journey and may it bring all you hope for in the way of reduction :smile:
04 Nov 2013, 23:31
I think you've made the right choice nursebean, if you need the op further down the line, so be it.

So happy for you now you don't have that worry, well done. :like: xx
05 Nov 2013, 00:50
It seems like a wise decision. Good luck with the weight loss!
05 Nov 2013, 06:29
Thanks for letting us know nursebean :)
Very best wishes as you continue with this WoE - hopefully the pounds will disappear from everywhere you want :D
PS I was born in Surrey, but left a LONG time ago. Love going back to visit tho :D : D
05 Nov 2013, 07:41
I agree with Ballerina, you didn't seem ready yet to have that surgery so I think it's great you decided to wait. I will maybe have the same kind of operation but not before 2 or 3 years. The time to be sure the weight stays off because once it's done, you better not put on the pounds again :smile:
05 Nov 2013, 07:49
I hope you are happy you've made the right decision - it seems sensible to me because your boobs will shrink just like everything else and your shape will change so as you say, best to wait until you've got your 'new' shape!
22 posts Page 1 of 2