The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Poached eggs v salad
01 Sep 2013, 23:17
Gosh - I sincerely hope that you're not disappointed SilverDarling - our co-op is a ScotMid which might well be different to a co-op...

ScotMid tried to refuse a co-op token once, until I kicked up a monster stink because it was their 'head office' that had issued it!
02 Sep 2013, 00:35
Hi Minumonline,

Lovely to read that you are getting rescue hens, such a wonderful thing to do. Our local pub does the same and the eggs are wonderful plus it's so heartening to see these pathetic little hens blossom into beautiful, confident creatures in a very short space of time. It restores my faith in human nature :like: :victory: :like:

Ballerina x :heart:
02 Sep 2013, 04:24
Thanks all, some very good suggestions there to tempt me away from the poached eggs.
Survived not having anything else and have just had a big smoothie and said salted caramel brownie for breakfast. It was soooooooo goooood.
Love hens.....
02 Sep 2013, 06:00
FatDog wrote: Gosh - I sincerely hope that you're not disappointed SilverDarling - our co-op is a ScotMid which might well be different to a co-op...

ScotMid tried to refuse a co-op token once, until I kicked up a monster stink because it was their 'head office' that had issued it!

Lol! Will have to pop round and see :shock: :bugeyes: you never know, we are almost in Scotland ... :wink: but will be buying them at (almost) any price!
02 Sep 2013, 07:25
Minumonline wrote: We're getting 20 rescue hens on Saturday, so I'll be eating eggs 3 times a day for the foreseeable !

If I have an insatiable hunger, which a normal meal doesn't fix, I hard boil some eggs, then eat them one at a time, dipped in full fat mayo, and I can "mend" myself and avoid going on a binge

Hi Minumonline :grin:

just wanted to say its wonderful about the rescue hens! :like: we have 12 laying hens here, they are such lovely little things lol,fresh eggs daily, we have one which ia an Auricana, she lays green/blue eggs :grin:
will post a pic when i get home :wink:

i use the eggs mainly for baking, especially cheescakes lol, and colleagues at work buy them off me too, nothing like good organic free range eggs! :victory:

:heart: :clover: :victory:
02 Sep 2013, 07:57
So eggs are supposed to make you feel full ? I don't know why it doesn't work for me. At all. I tried scrambled eggs and omelettes on fast days and theses days were a catastrophe so I stopped altogether (the eggs, not the fast).

Minumonline, it's wonderful to hear about your rescue hens :like:
02 Sep 2013, 08:30
Manderley, I am convinced that what makes one full and what doesn't is a personal thing.
Example: I feel full with a bowl of savoury porridge. That is a little under 150 calories.
In order for an omelette to make me full, it has to have 3 eggs, cheese and ham. Even if the cheese and ham are low fat, it exceeds 200 calories.

This is why I avoid telling people "you should eat this or that on a fast day". We are all different. :-)
02 Sep 2013, 08:36
We have two hens. Not rescue ones had them from babes. They are a constant source of homegrown eggs, and fun. Yesterday they ate half of my my biggest homegrown cucumber before I spotted them.........hope it tasted nice.
Yes we are all different I agree, but sometimes we need some new ideas. Like Moogie and her fast day fry up. Love it.
02 Sep 2013, 08:46
Like you I always have poached eggs on my fast day too. I tend to have a bowl spicy tomato soup late afternoon and then early evening have 2 poached eggs on one slice of toast with half a tin of beans. It never looks much but is surprisingly satisfying and filling. Must be the comfort food! :victory: If i crave something sweet later i tend to have some low sugar jelly or a low cal hot chocolate.
02 Sep 2013, 09:29
I think that 2 poached eggs on wholemeal toast is the perfect fasting day dinner. Im with you on the salad, doesnt fill me up for more than an hour. I think its easy to get bored when something is perfect, until you find out that the other choices arent as great as they look from the outside :smile:
25 posts Page 2 of 2