The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
If you don't plan on counting your TDEE over Christmas, at least be aware of portion sizes. I'm sitting here reading the Sunday Times Style Magazine and they remind us that:

Jacket potato = computer mouse
Serving of meat = a smartphone
American style pancake = a CD
A piece of cheese = 9-volt battery :shock:

In a restaurant, the thing to do is to stick your fist over your meat and carbs and try them for size. Cut off anything that is bigger than your fist and don't eat it. Load up on veggies instead!
Thanks for that. I'm struggling already given the amount of crap in the house!
[quote="rawkaren"]If you don't plan on counting your TDEE over Christmas, at least be aware of portion sizes. I'm sitting here reading the Sunday Times Style Magazine and they remind us that:

Jacket potato = computer mouse
Serving of meat = a smartphone
American style pancake = a CD
A piece of cheese = 9-volt battery :shock: ....................

Thanks for that @Rawkaren! whilst I can see that a computer mouse/a smartphone/a CD and a 9-volt battery may be the calorie free options I will stick to the potato/meat/pancake and cheese choice. Not sure my teeth or digestion could cope with all that plastic and metal :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
Our portion control is to spread the meal out over the days. Our starter will be for for lunch, our main course will be at dinner time and pudding for supper. The cake and cheese board will be on boxing day.
that's pretty much what we do too, Julie!
5 posts Page 1 of 1