The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
I update every Saturday regardless of the number. I was not at home last Saturday so officially recorded a gain on Christmas Eve on my tracker. Next weigh in tomorrow :bugeyes:
Honesty and now daily. I'm pretty sure I only got so fat in the first place because of years of avoiding the scales. I'm still not sure that daily weighing is a good idea as I don't particularly enjoy being someone who spends so much time thinking about something so boring, so I may change back to weekly weighing. The research that someone else on the forums cited that daily weighers kept off more weight than weekly weighers is the only reason I changed to daily weighing.
I might not like it but I do my official weigh in on the morning after my last fast of the week. Therefore Fridays or Saturdays. I weigh most mornings and input into my true weight app. It's amazing how many minor ups and downs you see over the week.
I would say there is only one option: honesty. We all know we have ups and downs and weight varies in a range of 1.5 to 2 kg between differents weights (so I use an average and not a daily measurement). In case weight really goes up some time: no need to worry or to hide it. Nobody will be blaming anyone. The ultimate reason for honesty for me: if we all manipulate our trackers to show nice downward lines only, what would that do to the confidence of those readers that do have trouble getting such a slope? It's not the best motivation to see only nice slopes of others in case you are struggling.
I also weigh in on a Friday and I've stuck with it despite my BMI going slightly back into the overweight category! Hopefully next week there will be a good loss. I'd only be kidding myself if I wasn't honest.
I have recently gained weight (and before Christmas too!) I haven't managed a proper fast day this week and will try and get one in over the weekend BUT I am still weighing myself every day (though I hate looking!) and I will enter in the progress tracker as usual - just because I feel if I don't do that then I'm on the slippery slope to not daring to get weighed because the results will be so awful - and that way (for me) lies disaster. I am getting straight back into strict mode on Mon.
22 posts Page 2 of 2