The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 2 of 2
Will try Yeo as well @carorees..
Wow i'm gonna be busy trying out these butters..well,someone's got to do it! :razz:
And yeh Caro,pretty sure my fridge has been far too cold brrrrrrrr
Having to chip at butter just can't be right :grin: :lol: :grin:
I think you have Aldi stores in the UK. I like their organic,salted grass fed butter. Yum! Not too pricey.
oooh, season 3 of call the midwife - now that will be a treat! Come on, ABC, buy it from the BBC!!
I'm going to second Ballerina's suggestion for Normandy butter with the salt crystals. It's amazing. I get Beurre D'Isigny when I want a splurge, an it's sooooo good!
I only found one grass fed and unpasturised butter in the UK. It is Isigny Ste Mere and they do salted and unsalted (which I have). It's in a brown and black wrapper and the salted one has a dark blue and black wrapper. It is £1.89 in Waitrose. Isgigny also do Beurre d'Isigny (£1.75) which @tracieknits mentioned but as far as I know it is not grass fed or unpasturised. Where do you buy it from here Tracie?

Lescure French is also nice, as is President which has also been mentioned. I always go for the unsalted.

I have found it hard to get proper European butter here. I have managed to get some German grass fed butter from Fond O'Foods, which is the closest I have managed to find.
Hi @Rawkaren I get it at either Whole Foods, or a small independent gourmet market in my town (Putnam Market)
I think Yeo Valley and Kerry Gold are partly grass fed ie in the summer, didn't know Aldi did one, ours doesn't but it's not that big. As for it being crumbly in a too cold fridge, why not keep it on the counter? I started keeping it in a butter dish on the kitchen work top and it still lasts ages. I looked into it and it apparently is safe to do this.
I need a new butter dish @egregious! I used to do this,just keeping a small amount in it, until i broke the dish! I need to replace it. X
I was fancying one of those posh le creuset ones which are about 25 squid. A bit indulgent for a butter dish I thought, so I managed to pick one up from the antique shop, above our local garden centre for a quid. It's metal too so no danger of me dropping and breaking it. Like the wine glasses. :doh:
My hubby has never stopped eating butter. I have flirted with olive oil based margarine in the past but have also gone back to butter. I use supermarket 'basic' butter for baking which seems fine after being softened slightly in the microwave. For eating we now have Saisbury's Farmhouse butter which is apparently made with whey cream ( left after cheese making). In our Sainsbury's it is on a shelf opposite the deli counter rather than with the other butters. At Christmas we sometimes have cornish butter which is extra yummy
25 posts Page 2 of 2