The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
I was fasting yesterday and I wasn't terribly hungry when I woke up so I waited awhile to eat and was feeling good. I then stupidly made the mistake of breaking my fast with marmite on toast (I rarely eat toast anymore) just to take my anti-inflammatory tablet and I felt so yuck all day from eating the bread. I felt sick for most part of the day and really didn't feel like eating. Note to self, avoid bread like the plague from now on! :razz:
Funny how your body tells you things once you take the time to start listening. I gave up white carbs a while back, but just occasionally I break my rule and allow myself a small slice of cake or something along the same lines. But now my body reacts to sweet and fatty carbs by giving me indigestion so I really feel like I am being punished for giving in in the first place!!!
Hi Dreamer. This is one of those times that Dukan Is actually useful. My OH has a dukan pancake every morning.
One egg
Two tbpns oatmeal
One tbspn fat free fromage frais

Normally accompanied with smoked trout but he eats at 530am and out of the house at 6am. This is a long day, which is why he swears by it.
I tried the Dukan diet, lost weight fast, but couldn't sustain the low amount of carbs in the long haul. I did like those pancakes though...

My ingredients were a tad different: 3 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1/4 cup GF oat "bran", and 2-3 TBSP of greek yogurt, with splash of vanilla and heavy cinnamon. Made two pancakes.
That's rotten how your belly reacted to bread. A few weeks into this I experienced the same thing with pizza. Makes you think more about what you eat :) x
I had a pizza recently and a terrible night with my gall bladder protesting loudly at the amount of fat I had consumed. It took two lots of ibuprofen to allow me to sleep. Guess no more pizza! This is really such an interesting journey and a steep learning curve about food.
It is interesting how if we eliminate food from our diet, our bodies often seem to lose the ability to deal with that food. A lot of people seem to get that with wheat, dairy is another, meat is another. Seems they need to be re-introduced very slowly if you want to eat them again.
Might stick to my "everything in moderation" way of eating :) the thought of a sore stomach from eating a treat sucks. (Okay, okay, sometimes I don't do the moderation ;) )
It's really strange how people react differently. I have no problem with bread or pizza. I eat less of them but it's because I am full faster I still enjoy peanut butter on toast, but I only take one slice now, and a pizza, but only fresh and once a month. :wink:

I would have a big problem with marmite. Even after 20 years, I can still smell it and it's not a pretty thought... :razz:

I hope my body won't try to eliminate food, it would be a pity
I can't eat whole pizza any more as well :( Last time I've done that I had a horrible night, despite finishing the meal at 5 pm, and it was just the small size pizza from Pizza Express (shop bought).
9 posts Page 1 of 1