The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
REMEMBRANCE DAY
11 Nov 2013, 09:28
At 11 a.m. I shall hold my own 2 minute silence for our fallen men and women and think of the ones who are still serving us. My own family has held a strong presence in the military and the younger generation are now doing their duty on our behalf and I shall ever be grateful. My deep condolences to anyone who has lost a loved one under any circumstances.

I shall also think of those poor souls in the Philippines who are suffering such devastation and horror.

Ballerina x :heart:
Re: REMEMBRANCE DAY
11 Nov 2013, 09:36
I shall be joining you as I will also be on my own this morning :heart:

11 Nov 2013, 09:38
Yes I will join you Ballerina because I come from a Royal Naval family & I will also think of the survivors coping in the Philippines. I also watched the Remembrance Day Service at The Cenotaph yesterday & held two minutes silence then but today is the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month!
11 Nov 2013, 11:00
Joining you right now...
11 Nov 2013, 11:10
That was a good one, done together {{{+}}}
11 Nov 2013, 11:13
Thank you @Rawkaren for the lovely photograph of the poppy

]Ballerina x :heart:
11 Nov 2013, 11:19
Thanks. I bought it in M&S and its the only piece of jewellery I have ever worn which has prompted comments from complete strangers. It's great to have a talking point about a very important topic.
7 posts Page 1 of 1