The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: School holidays
15 Aug 2013, 06:12
I'm a teacher with a five year old and a one year old and although it doesn't bother me whether I'm home or not it has been a little tricky as my daughter is beginning to notice when I don't eat, I have told her I'm eating later or have already eaten, but she's getting harder to convince! When back to school this will become a lot easier again and I will breathe a sigh of relief. I will also shed a tear as it means I'll be back to work and I've been loving the holidays especially with my baby as I really was sad to go back to work! Still someone has to pay the bills!
Re: School holidays
15 Aug 2013, 10:00
Hi Mariposa.
I know exactly what u mean about trying to fool your daughter about eating on 5:2
As someone who started on the dieting merry go round at the tender age of 17, even though looking back now I see that I was bloody thin, it's the last thing I want for my kids.
I've got 1 daughter and 1 son and they're both fit, healthy and naturally slim.
I don't even want the word diet to be mentioned in this house. I know I can't protect them from all the outside influences and a certain amount of it filters through.
But at least they will have practiced healthy normal eating with our family. I don't want them remembering that mammy used to eat special diet dinners.

That's why 5:2 is so fantastic.
But when they're at school I work more regular hours and always make sure my fasting days are work days,
There's s lot less conniving that way.

Hope returning to work is ok for you,
I know it's very hard leaving a baby,
But usually we all settle back into our routines quickly enough and I suppose by working it makes our times at home all the more precious.
Good luck to you :heart:
17 posts Page 2 of 2