The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 1 of 2
Sexier upper arms
17 Dec 2013, 21:27
Been nearly 9 months on this path and one thing i have noticed particularly today is that 2 years ago i started developing what i've always facetiously called "aunty arms" not sure if that is a common term. anyhow you know how your arms get thicker and fatter and wobblier. Was a bit of a talking point and then i started to notice the arms before anything else in photos.

anyhow.. the arms are no longer like that and i would at a guess say they are just like they were some years ago.

Im surprised excess weight goes there and then comes off there which is a great thing. Must admit in all my measurements (something i dont do frequently) never thought about measuring the circumference.

I guess the 5kg weight loss or thereabouts is enough to make the dramatic difference for me.

anyhow.. all to sexy arms!
Re: Sexier upper arms
17 Dec 2013, 21:30
Oh you have given me hope J!
I used to have very slender arms and now i have what i call farmers wife arms
Apologies to any farmers wives here :curse:
Aunties arms is a good name..most jolly elderly aunties seem to have them...just what happens to arms? They seem to change beyond all recognition! X
17 Dec 2013, 23:03
Oh I am so happy to read this. A few years ago I noticed my good upper arms had gone bad and now I can't stand to see it, I've gone right off sleeveless tops etc.
17 Dec 2013, 23:30
Bingo wings. Enough said. Even Nicole shirtswinger has them.
That's all
17 Dec 2013, 23:50
That's great news, Juliana!

I'm so happy mine have gotten a bit smaller too. Finally the weight came off a bit everywhere. They are seriously in need of a tone, though, and all the exercises I find involve bending my wrist in a way that is not possible yet.
18 Dec 2013, 02:38
good news is that the inches on boobs have remained intact :oops:
18 Dec 2013, 02:48
MaryAnn wrote: That's great news, Juliana!

I'm so happy mine have gotten a bit smaller too. Finally the weight came off a bit everywhere. They are seriously in need of a tone, though, and all the exercises I find involve bending my wrist in a way that is not possible yet.

ahhh the magic word "exercise" . stay tune for my "new club" coming soon to this station in 2014
18 Dec 2013, 05:05
I look forward to the new club, Juliana! :)

I am very interested in the most effective exercises for toning arms, thighs, tummy, bottom and anywhere else where fat has gone but loose skin and slack muscles remain...!!!
18 Dec 2013, 05:53
Mine are coming back too! However I am doing tricep dips, press ups, planks and weight lifting. Tricep dips best for bingo wings, but they hurt :curse:
18 Dec 2013, 06:00
I am doing tricep dips (20x3 sets) biceps curls (15x3 sets of 14kg) and push ups (10x3) at least three times a week and they are slooooowly getting in some shape. Still a bit wobbly but I do wear sleeveless tops again. :cool:
18 Dec 2013, 06:34
I am doing push ups on the wall 3x20 everyday. Don't really know if it works yet but I feel the pain :wink:
18 Dec 2013, 07:39
Manderley wrote: I am doing push ups on the wall 3x20 everyday. Don't really know if it works yet but I feel the pain :wink:

If you can feel it, then its working :grin:
18 Dec 2013, 08:25
Go for it guys and do an extra one for me. I cannot believe how much I'm missing my exercise. It's amazing how many body movements involve the abdominals. My core is turning to mush
18 Dec 2013, 10:33
oooohhh yes they can ! when they are strong but soft with a skin as smooth as a baby skin, when they are just guessed and you see just a hint of the shoulders and all you want is to touch them

Ok I am out now :evil:
18 Dec 2013, 12:53
carieoates wrote: Go for it guys and do an extra one for me. I cannot believe how much I'm missing my exercise. It's amazing how many body movements involve the abdominals. My core is turning to mush

Yes, it doesn't take long to lose the effects of exercise. Core is something that you could work on at home, without needing equipment, of course once your body is well enough again! Hope all is going well.

Wendy
25 posts Page 1 of 2