The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Julieathome wrote: Most people have found that the weight goes from the fattest place first with fasting, so stomach tends to be one of the first places to lose. It was 11 months before my boobs started shrinking.

That's strange, I lost from my legs and waist first and my abdomen and arms were harder to shift (those are my problem areas!). I think so, anyway... Ah well, the fat will shift at some stage wherever it's held.

Lil wrote: @BethP I'm the same as you, 5' 3", long legs short body although my BMI is considerably higher than yours. I have a layer of fat around my midriff that I can quite clearly feel is outside my abdominal muscles so not wrapped around my internal organs but it adds to my waist measurement making the 50% healthy waist:height ratio seem very difficult to acheive

You'll get there! At least we are not alone in this world, and at least we have good legs ;) Haha. That 'tyre' around the middle is very frustrating though, is 5:2 working out for you so far?

jeninboston wrote: I'm closer to 5' and a definite hour glass. I have heavy hips and thighs with a small waist and almost none existent chest. Now that I've lost more weight, I'm two sizes different top from bottom!! so I now what you mean; I feel short and stumpy and gaining just a even few pounds is so noticeable; there isn't the height to absorb the extra weight

Short high five! Thanks for the encouragement :) Although it sounds to me as though you are more pear-shaped than hourglass-shaped?

Also, thank you @julianna for the kind words, and everyone else for that matter! This is such a lovely forum, even when you're in need of a moan :) (P.S. I'm feeling a lot less negative today, yay!)
I know how you feel Beth. I am 4'10" with a small waist, wide hips and a 32G chest. My body is a bit more in proportion, it's my legs that are short and I hate it. Absolute nightmare!! xxx
I'm only 5'4" and a definite hourglass. However, I have the opposite problem to you. Short, heavy legs BUT my tummy is pretty flat even though I'm not at a healthy BMI. I struggle with having a long body! It's a pain when buying swimsuits, trousers (I'm long in the rise with short legs) and things like vests or t-shirts. Standard length is always too short on me :frown: Oh, and I have very heavy arms as well :cry:

The one thing I would say is that a tummy can be disguised in all sorts of ways - even a steel boned corset if you really want a wow shape. However, NOTHING can make short legs into long ones and I have always, always envied women with good legs. My only consolation is that I do have what would once have been termed 'nicely turned ankles' :oops:

Very few people have it all, but from your picture and description, it sounds like you're not doing so badly :wink:
@JennyH10 and @Winsome, I suppose we always want what we can't have! Haha :) I would love to have a flat tummy and no 'muffin top'. At least with shorter legs you can wear high-waisted trousers to lengthen you out! I cannot find any trousers that fit at the moment, I need low-rise but they're not in stores right now. High-waisted trousers look ridiculous on me because I just look like legs and boobs! :lol: But I suppose I should be grateful for my legs :)
Same problem over here! I'm 5'2 with slim legs and 32DD boobs and a waist. However I put on all weight in my face and my tummy, which just protudes further and further until people start to offer me a seat on the tube in the mornings.

My dream is to wear bodycon without holding my breath all evening!
20 posts Page 2 of 2