The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

33 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Sorry I disappeared!
01 Jun 2016, 00:32
WarriorPrincess wrote: I disappeared too - and guess what ... my weight zoomed skywards. I was ill early in the year, so couldn't exercise. Then I was better and began to exercise a bit more - & didn't diet because I was trying to get back fit enough to run a not-too-embarrassing 10k. (Oh, how we manufacture excuses). Race was yesterday, & indeed was not-too-embarrassing given my age & general state of decrepitude. Unfortunately, the clothes I'd been beginning to buy to fit my newly sylph-like (well, OK, less lumpy) state are now too tight for comfort. Today I accept the URGENT need to focus on my weight. Perhaps we should have a 'returning to the fold' group!

What a great idea - lets start a welcome back tent for all us returnees - I am seeing a real trend at the moment of people like me who know it works from past experience, have been away for some reason or another, and have come back to the forums to find the support and friendship that we know is here.
01 Jun 2016, 06:13
Good Idea Pilchards
I stopped following fast and have piled on a few pounds but find I am struggling to get back to it. :frown:

I am going to make a concerted effort! Here goes then. :victory:
01 Jun 2016, 19:58
Thanks @MaryAnn!

Wow, yeah, well unfortunately our stories are quite common. Congrats for running the race, @WarriorPrincess!!

Well some good news: I'm back to 52 pounds down this morning :-)

As for the inlaws, they are still in town, but they are at my sister in law's house, about 15 minutes away by car. They only stayed here three nights. They were sleeping in my son's room, as he has a double bed. His cat was NOT happy about the door being shut, and decided the rattle the handle all night, every night. If they got up and opened the door, he would then jump on the bed and rub his entire body on my father in law's head, while purring very loudly. They gave up and went to Bruce's sister's house >.< He is such a sweet kitty, but I suppose if you don't like cats it doesn't feel like love >.<

I was told at weight watchers today that I didn't look at all like I have so much weight to lose. I even showed them my little booklet with my actual weight and they said they couldn't believe it. That felt kind of nice!

We're going out for mexican food tonight, which is okay because I had two light days on Monday and Tuesday. So I'm ready for a day with more food. We also didn't open the eating window until noon and I'll be sure to shut it by 8pm.

Tomorrow is a light day and as small of an eating window as possible.

:-)
33 posts Page 3 of 3