The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Sorry I've been absent....
22 Feb 2014, 19:23
This last Christmas/New Years was my first since I started the 5:2 diet, I didn't realize how dangerous that time can be. I will be much more careful in the future and not let snack and "bad" foods into the house.
I am also finding the weather has reduced my activity level, will be glad when spring and sunshine finally arrive.
Thanks for the update.
22 Feb 2014, 20:04
Hi Domane, thanks for sharing your experience and your thinking. It really helps all of us who are seeking that same balance. I sort of think that we have to expect that the evolutionary need for our bodies to get and hold on to that weight against the next famine is a constant challenge for us. So, thank your body for its efforts, misguided as they are from your perspective, and tell your body you'll take over from here (always listening to it, and don't beat yourself up! You didn't go over a cliff, it's just a bump in the road. :wink:
22 Feb 2014, 21:21
I also want to thank you Domane, for your honesty and perseverance. We are all on this journey and we are at different points. I fasted through Southern Hemisphere winter in 2013 and found weight loss slow and had long plateaux. When summer came, the weight dropped. Now summer is coming to an end and I wonder how I will go over my 2nd winter. Your story prepares me for the possibility that some of that lost weight might come back. The hard part is accepting and loving ourselves through those times. Depression is a bugger. Sending love and hugs to you. Thank you and stay around.
18 posts Page 2 of 2