The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Soup of today
09 Jan 2014, 17:53
Decided to make broccoli soap since it was only me eating it:
1 small head of broccoli
1/2 small Roscoff onion (red or yellow might do)
1 clove of garlic
1/3 red chili pepper
500ml boiling water
1 cube (or pot) of veggie bullion
tiny amount of good olive oil (life is to short for lesser)
1-2 tbs cream (optional but you do need some fat)
salt & black pepper to taste
some dashes of Tabasco Chipotl
Sweet chili powder Anjou style
Sweet paprika power
A pinch of raw suger (optional)

Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic on medium heat until transparent. Add the chili (if you want to - deseed it) and fry some more. Poor the boiling water over and add the cube/little box and cream- stir until it is solved.
Add the broccoli (cut up in pieces) and spices, boil under lid until soft. Mix it all with a handheld mixer, taste and add more spices if needed.

This is enough for two large servings that comes in around 240kcal per serving.

Enjoy!
Re: Soup of today
09 Jan 2014, 18:06
I did a "Fridge clear out" soup today.... 3 veg stock cubes into a litre of water and then *takes a deep breath* potato, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, peas, onion, fine green beans, sprouts (yes, really!) and leeks.... a bit of garlic and some dried herbs. Simmered for half an hour and then zapped with the hand-blender to puree a little, but not totally. I got a huge pan-full and have divided it out into 8 portions.... 78 cals each :)
09 Jan 2014, 18:22
I started mine yesterday, it is Chicken, Leek and Kale soup cooked in the slow cooker. I adapted it from this recipe
http://solidarityeats.wordpress.com/201 ... cken-soup/
Using chicken thighs instead of a whole chicken.

It didn't look very inspiring first thing, but when I had skimmed the fat off, pureed the veg and added a bit of smoked paprika the result was really quite nice. Loads left.

I have ordered the Covent Garden Soup Co 365 soups recipe book as I'm running out of ideas :smile:
09 Jan 2014, 18:37
Ooh never made soup in my slow cooker before @SianS I've only just discovered, spaghetti Bol and joint . This is exciting for me....I know I'm sad.

On tv they were slating so called healthy shop bought soups for sugar constant today. So glad I do a fridge clear out soup of my own too. And even buy things especially for soup making to be honest.
4 posts Page 1 of 1