The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Spreading the word
07 Nov 2013, 13:41
Very happily I've now got to the stage when my weight loss is very evident and people are starting to ask how I've achieved it. So I tell them quite honestly about 5:2 and because it so obviously working for me they really can't argue with it. In the last week I've got my mum inspired and started on it and today a friend at work. I feel like some sort of 5:2 missionary :grin:

So although up until recently there has been a fair amount of scorn poured on 5:2 I personally think that is starting to change as we become living proof that it works :victory:

Are others experiencing a more positive attitude towards 5:2 as time goes on?

Alf
Re: Spreading the word
07 Nov 2013, 13:52
Congrats on your loss!

When I speak about 5:2, I get about half interest and half condemnation. For the people who are horrified and appalled, they always say the same things:

1) Fasting is terrible for your health
2) Breakfast is the most important meal of the day
3) Your body will go into starvation mode and you'll just hold onto your fat/weight

Ugh.

But, as you say, as people see results (and in my case, they are very, very slow), I can't help but think they might be converted. In fact, my mother was one of the vocal opponents, and now she is very interested in tracking my success. I might have another convert on my hands!
07 Nov 2013, 14:54
Yes, Alf, I like spreading the word too !! With evidence in front of their eyes there's not much people can say really is there - well not in my experience. I have encountered very little, if any, negativity (unlike a lot of people on the forum) - have converted at least 2 sets of friends to this WOL - at their own instigation of asking questions etc., etc., not through my hard sell (I promise :oops: ). Can't stand negativity - have absolutely no time for it. Constructive criticism is fine, but not negativity.
07 Nov 2013, 15:32
Alf wrote: Very happily I've now got to the stage when my weight loss is very evident and people are starting to ask how I've achieved it. So I tell them quite honestly about 5:2 and because it so obviously working for me they really can't argue with it. In the last week I've got my mum inspired and started on it and today a friend at work. I feel like some sort of 5:2 missionary :grin:

So although up until recently there has been a fair amount of scorn poured on 5:2 I personally think that is starting to change as we become living proof that it works :victory:

Are others experiencing a more positive attitude towards 5:2 as time goes on?

Alf

I have lost quite a bit in a short space and it's evident in my figure (I was losing over an inch off my waist and hips per week!!) and everyone I work with has been asking me how I have done it. I very openly tell people about 5:2, I rave about it excitedly and I seemed to have inspired quite a few colleagues to join in with me. It's great when people are open to trying new things :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1