The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 1 of 2
Starting all over again!
12 Nov 2014, 09:14
Hello, its me...Bean! In recent months I have been unable to get to grips with fasting or being careful with what I eat. This is all the more frustrating because I found ADF so easy and don't know how I suddenly find myself where I am.
ANYWAY...today is a new start. This is IT! I must start again...but properly this time. I thought I'd start carefully by doing 5:2 (fasting Wednesdays and Thursdays) and then 16:8 the rest of the time. I have weighed myself this morning which has prompted this because it was not what I expected :confused:
I know that people recommend measuring yourself as well so that if there is no weight loss, the flab lost will keep your spirits up. Could you just advise me as to which "bits" I should measure, so I have it all here. Here...the beginning of my weight-loss journey...and this time I'm determined!
Bean :starving:
Re: Starting all over again!
12 Nov 2014, 09:29
:like: :clover: :heart:
12 Nov 2014, 09:31
:like: :like: :clover: :clover: thats the spirit Bean! ( now,if only i can follow your example!)
As for measuring,do EVERYWHERE ..and keep a note of it!bust,under bust,waist,hips,thigh,upper arms,knees,calves.
Last night i dreamt i was watching myself running along and i thought Wow! I didnt realise what long slender legs i have! What a disappointment when i woke and no,i still have two stumps :lol: x :lol: x
12 Nov 2014, 09:48
Good luck. You can do it @nursebean, it's hard getting back into 5:2 again but once you have started and have a couple of fasts under your belt (pun?) then it's as if you haven't stopped and you really are on your way again. Posting this for everyone on the forum to see should help as you will feel very silly if you DON'T do it. So you go girl! :clover: :clover: :clover:
12 Nov 2014, 12:10
Good for you Bean! You know what to do and you sound very determined, so very best wishes for a smooth journey ahead. And you know we are here to keep you company on the way. Good luck. :)
12 Nov 2014, 12:15
CandiceMarie has mentioned all the areas that are good to monitor. If you can bear it, it's also good to take front, back ,and from both sides photographs on a regular basis to monitor shape changes. Try to take the shots at the same time of day/similar lighting conditions/as little clothing as you can tolerate.

:clover: for your restart.
12 Nov 2014, 12:26
All the best @nursebean!
12 Nov 2014, 12:57
Well done my buddy. Take it my post yesterday may have helped prompt this positive faction of yours.
One question. will you be ADF'ing ?
Like I said before you lose far faster than me.
Good luck lovely and look forward to seeing more of you ( on the forum) but ultimately less of you weigh wise.
Please join me on MFP. We can compare foods its Great fun. Honest.
12 Nov 2014, 13:00
@carieoates, is there a 'fast day' group on MFP?
12 Nov 2014, 13:02
chinchin wrote: @carieoates, is there a 'fast day' group on MFP?
i I don't know. Maybe I should have a look.
We're private friends
12 Nov 2014, 13:06
Welcome back!
12 Nov 2014, 16:09
You go for it girl. Whilst I'm still fasting I do struggle on non fast days so I'm hoping to pick up some tips from you!
12 Nov 2014, 19:38
I've never found measuring to be very helpful, because even when I achieve very decent weight loss, most of me stays within an inch or so of where it started. Counting double chins might be more helpful, as I seem to be losing most of my weight from my face and neck this time.

But seriously, I always have felt that if you ran into problems on your last attempt to diet, the first thing to do is to take an honest look at what the problem was and then, rather than forcing yourself up against the same obstacles, see if you can change the way you diet so that you don't encounter them.
12 Nov 2014, 20:31
Good on you @nursebean for getting back on the horse, most of us know how difficult that can be. I'm in the same boat again (again), well I've been on and off most of this year, starting to think it's a fasting norm for me (few months on / a bit of time off sort of thing). I'm going to take it easy and set myself a little challenge, simply to do 5:2 until the new year and then take it from there. I'm not going to stress about the weight just make sure I do 2 fast a week and I know it will work (even if it is slow). I'm fasting tomorrow for the 2nd time this week and that will be the 1st week of my challenge done. Fancy joining me in a pledge to do 2 fast a week until the new year? Good luck with tomorrows fast, hope todays fast went well. :clover: :clover: :clover:
12 Nov 2014, 20:56
Well done @nursebean - the first step is always the hardest and you know we're all here for you - we've missed you lately.

Hope it all goes well for you - keep us posted

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
20 posts Page 1 of 2