The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
TDEE spread over week?
22 May 2014, 08:34
I find that on general weekday feed days I don't quite eat up to my TDEE of 1600 cals. It's more likely to be around 1200-1400.

However if I'm out for drinks or a meal at the weekends I'm much more likely to go over my TDEE thanks to wine and chocolate fudge cake desserts in restaurants.

As long as there is a calorie deficit overall, will I still lose? Or do I need to try to eat my TDEE equally on my feed days?
Re: TDEE spread over week?
22 May 2014, 09:05
Not sure of the correct answer Lottie or if there even is one..but i always record my cal count for the days then work out the average over a week x think a weekly view of calories is more realistic than daily x
22 May 2014, 09:39
Hi @lottie89 Yes the idea of fasting is to create a calorie deficit over the week, so there is no problem and in fact it might be beneficial to vary your intake on feed days! I certainly found that varying my intake helped with weight loss.
22 May 2014, 10:16
I eat less on my week day feed days, so I can eat more on the weekends. Seems to be working out ok!
22 May 2014, 10:27
Ooh good that makes me feel better - I rarely make the 'healthy' choice in a restaurant but quite happily cook healthy meals at home during the week.

Bring on the weekend!
22 May 2014, 11:23
I definitely find this works with me -- it actually works better than keeping my calories even every day.

:-)
6 posts Page 1 of 1