The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

26 posts Page 1 of 2
teas while fasting?
27 Feb 2014, 04:36
Are there any nice herbal teas that can sooth my appetite a little when I'm fasting?
Re: teas while fasting?
27 Feb 2014, 04:47
Are these available in your area? I love the "Get Burning" on fast days, but the "get Lost" might help you with the tummy. http://www.republicoftea.com/t/be-well-red-teas/c/1/
27 Feb 2014, 04:59
Hi Andrea. Welcome!

To blunt the appetite try fennel. To relieve water retention try dandelion. To satiate your appetite try cinnamon or rooibos chai. Step away from the fruit teas as they make you feel hungry. Do you have pukka teas in Australia? One of my favourites is oatflower and lavender. Weird combo, but quite relaxing. http://www.pukkaherbs.com/night-time.html
27 Feb 2014, 05:46
Hi @andreamiller, you're an Aussie, so you can buy these on you local woollies - I live on tetley's decaf green tea with pomegranate on fast days, they also have other green teas with caffeine and lemon or ginger. They also make a yummy cinnamon Rooibos, which feels like a real meal!

Good luck!
27 Feb 2014, 06:41
I like green tea with lemon, earl grey drunk without milk, and ginger tea. Ginger is really settling and warming.
27 Feb 2014, 07:44
Happy to post my liquirice root to anyone who wants it, I hate it!!! Must look out for the cinnamon rooibos though, sounds manageable!
27 Feb 2014, 08:58
I love fruit tea, but sometimes I think I'm alone in that...
27 Feb 2014, 09:05
Wish I was more adventurous but not sure I'd like cinnamon tea. It would be good to have something other than my usual green tea...but liquorice tea?! That may be a step too far :bugeyes:

Bean :smile:
27 Feb 2014, 10:07
I like green tea with lemon myrtle. I think the brand's 'nevara' or 'Nevada' - bought at Woolworths.
27 Feb 2014, 10:09
Also, depending where you live, have you tried going into one of the T2 shops- it's tea heaven in there! And they usually have some tasters so you can check if you like it first
27 Feb 2014, 10:19
Gosh what exotic varieties of tea you have in Australia. Lemon myrtle, what does that taste like

I divert my taste buds with green teas (with Jasmine is my favourite), Pukka three ginger (a good way to sneak some turmeric into the diet if you don't like the taste), three Tulsi, three cinnamon, Earl Grey black. Wish I'd thought of this year's ago - you know, "I'm bored, I'll just have a piece of cake, that leftover bit of pizza, a bit of cheese" etc, now it's let's have another mug of tea.
27 Feb 2014, 11:16
We may have exotic varieties of tea here @barbarita, but at the end of the day there is nothing better than a good steaming mug of English Breakfast with milk!!! See below :lol: :lol:
27 Feb 2014, 11:25
I have quite the collection at work - take a look! I highly recommend camomile and maple if you're after a sweet fix. Fennel is great on fast days too :like:
27 Feb 2014, 11:28
Goodness quite a choice!!!
27 Feb 2014, 11:35
That looks like my drawer too gym-sparkle-90!

I like Cherry & Cinnamon, Cranberry & Raspberry, Nettle & Blackberry and this morning I've been having Blackcurrant & Rhubarb!!
26 posts Page 1 of 2