The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 1 of 2
Thank you
30 Jul 2013, 11:40
I just wanted to say a quick thank you to this forum. I have been 5:2ing since February and my weight is now where it needs to be and I have complete control of it. I have learnt so much from reading this message board and probably would not have managed to get this far without the knowledge, inspiration and laughs from the many contributors.

I am off to Bali at the end of the week to attend my daughter’s wedding and fully expect to come back from it much heavier than when I left these shores. The difference now is that I know that this issue can be quickly dealt with on my return.

I am lighter, healthier and fitter that I have been for a long time so THANK YOU to one and all. Stay focused, don’t give up and if you have a blip then so be it, just start again the day after.

Simon
Re: Thank you
30 Jul 2013, 11:45
Well done on reaching your target weight Simon, that's fantastic news! Isn't it wonderful we all have the 5:2 tool on our belt for handling our weight issues now? :)

Enjoy yourself in Bali, safe in the knowledge that any gains can be quickly and easily lost when normality resumes in good old Blighty!

I'm so glad this forum has proved helpful to so many people. If it helped only one person it would be worthwhile, but it seems the community here is a great support network for so many fasters. I think you're all wonderful :)
30 Jul 2013, 11:52
Congratulations Simon :like:

How wonderful for you to have the added bonus of a lighter spring in your step as you look forward to something as special as your daughter's wedding.
Hope you have memorable trip
And thanks for posting, it really does help to spur others on, reading such positive stories :smile:
30 Jul 2013, 12:04
Millions of congratulations!!!

Have a fab time in Bali, I'm sure you'll look fantastic.
30 Jul 2013, 12:10
Congratulations on both counts.
Have a wonderful time in Bali. Come back and let us know all about it (I do love a good wedding!)
30 Jul 2013, 12:11
Hi Simon,

First of all congratulations on your weight loss and have a fab time in Bali! And thank you for posting this, this forum has been and still is a great source of support, inspiration and information thanks to the contributions of all the members and last but not least the mods. So, yes Moogie, I'm afraid I'm going to inflict some gratitude on you again for having set this up and for making all the work you did since. The best of luck to all of you. :clover:
30 Jul 2013, 12:27
This forum is indeed a wonderful resource, I'm finding it invaluable already - not least because of inspirational posts like this, so thank you too!

Have a wonderful time in Bali, enjoy your daughter's wedding and the new healthier you :smile:
30 Jul 2013, 13:35
Fantastic news Simon and well done.

As a newbie to it all, it is inspiring to here how well people have done with the 5;2 WOL.

Have a fabulous time in Bali
30 Jul 2013, 13:40
Congratulations Simon, well done! :like: Have a wonderful time in Bali!

I love reading posts like these. This forum is a wonderful resource that helps change people's lives. Many thanks to you Moogie (and the other lovely mods). :heart:
30 Jul 2013, 15:10
Congratulations Simon & how wonderful reaching your goal weight in time for your daughters wedding. Do let us know how you get on when you get back & go into maintenance mode but have a very enjoyable trip to Bali. I agree this forum is so helpful to all 5:2ers & thank you Moogie for setting it up :smile:
30 Jul 2013, 15:20
For once there is nothing I can add as you have all put everything so eloquently, but here goes anyway. Congratulations Simon, have a great time with your family in Bali and post us as soon as you return. Also, yep, without Moogie we'd all be floundering (oh, I hate fish!) around on our own, so thank you,

Ballerina x :heart:
30 Jul 2013, 15:26
:heart:

Adding my congratulations, too! Enjoy every minute and every mouthful!

I think you put into words what a lot of us think!
31 Jul 2013, 11:53
Congratulations from me too! I have also reached my target, thanks to this wonderful forum!

Holiday weight does go, as soon as you get back to some fasting - I have personal proof of that!

I hope that you have a brilliant time in Bali. What a fabulous place for a wedding- I'm sure that you will all have a lovely time!
31 Jul 2013, 22:21
Hi Simon and Well done on reaching your goal :like:
Thank-you for the inspiration as it helps those of us who have a long journey ahead :like: :like: Now you'll feel like a million dollars in your new smaller suit at the wedding, enjoy Bali and come back to visit on your return :heart: as you said ( and I did do ) you know what to do on your return just get back on board + use the tools to repair anything that needs fixing easy (took me 9 days to repair my holiday damage)
Good luck :clover: Sue
31 Jul 2013, 22:34
Congrats and have a great time in Bali!

And another thanks to Moogie!
20 posts Page 1 of 2