The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Ive been using Libra for a good 6 months and realised after some small weight gain.. its all in the angle it shows for the future x weeks. if you are maintaining then it can only be at 0 degrees or 5 degrees max. anything more means you are losing too much or gaining.

If you are trying to lose weight its got to be at least 25 degrees in downward direction. Maybe 10 degrees.. anything less and its probably just too low a loss for you to be comfortable.

Ive seen it 25 degrees in wrong direction this week and so pleased to see it pointing down after 3 good weight readings 70.2, 70.2 and 70.3. actually angle is 45 degrees so ive really turned things around.

anyway its all in the angle
I'm glad you're back on the downward track.I just then installed the libra app 5 minutes ago after hearing everyone talk about it. It should be interesting.
julianna wrote: I'm glad you're back on the downward track.I just then installed the libra app 5 minutes ago after hearing everyone talk about it. It should be interesting.

'
I think its an essential tool on this road to weight loss nirvana.

Might be another like it so if anyone knows of similar let me know. happy to run with several. you know me and my backup plans
Hi guys :)

I have (in my short time on this forum, lol) been reading often about tracking weight via the Libra app, and weights being listed as 'trending weight.' Is someone able to explain this to me? Or, if it's already been covered, a link to the info? I have downloaded it today and having a play with it. I do track my weight with another app, but it is simply a daily weight tracker, just interested in the benefits of this other app.

Thanks heaps :)

Mia
"Ive seen it 25 degrees in wrong direction this week and so pleased to see it pointing down after 3 good weight readings 70.2, 70.2 and 70.3. actually angle is 45 degrees so ive really turned things around."

I do find it rather disconcerting when the line heads north and the time to target becomes N/A - just got to weather it
@mia87
The Libra app gives you a 'weighted moving average' of your weight. This is to say that it takes the average of your last 7 days' weight and works out the average weight - sort of. It puts greater emphasis on the most recent weigh ins than the ones 6 or 7 days ago hence the term weighted , and moving because each day it recalculates the average for the last 7 days. This gives you the trend weight and it draws a nice trend line so you can see how things are going.

In effect, it smooths out those daily variations in weight. You see, even if we ate exactly our daily energy requirements every day our weight would vary by up to 2 kg day to day due to changes in body water content, which the body does not regulate tightly - our bodies don't care if we have a litre more or a litre less water than ideal and this results in the big variation in weight. Using the Libra app takes the worry out of the number on the scales as it shows you what the trend over the last days is and so even if the scales go up one day you don't feel depressed as you can see that the trend is downward.

Of course if the trend line goes up like Juliana experienced then you know you really have put on weight!

It also predicts when you will reach your goal if you enter it into the settings under the diet plan section. This can be reassuring or sobering depending on how long ahead it says!

HTH
Unable to find this libra app for my iPad :0(
I couldn't find it either @Azureblue(in the Canadian app store) There is an app called Runtastic Libra which I downloaded but I am not sure if it is the same as the one described here. This Libra app seems to be for Android phones. :?:
@azureblue I'm afraid Libra is only on android. For ios you need True Weight. I'm not sure if it is exactly the same but I think it still uses a weighted moving average to get the trendline. Correct me someone if I'm wrong here.
You are correct @carorees. I also have True Weight on my iPhone and like it very much. It communicates with my Withings scale and gives a smooth line between my all-over-the-place daily weights. I probably don't need Libra also, just was interested to see what it was like.
I have set "forecast days" to 28, I think this means that the prediction line is based on my weight loss the last 4 weeks. I choose that many weeks instead of the normal 7 days because my weight can vary depending on my menstruation cycle, and I think this will give me a truer prediction line than if just based on last week. This way the line doesn't change angle too easily for me.

My trend weight is the last 7 days though.
Thank you so much for that explanation, Carorees! Makes total sense now!
Kajsa wrote: I have set "forecast days" to 28, I think this means that the prediction line is based on my weight loss the last 4 weeks. I choose that many weeks instead of the normal 7 days because my weight can vary depending on my menstruation cycle, and I think this will give me a truer prediction line than if just based on last week. This way the line doesn't change angle too easily for me.

My trend weight is the last 7 days though.

ahh i didnt know that setting. ill look at that

ahh yes.. only phone to have is a Samsung Note. i need the extra inch. this is a time when an extra inch matters!

and so many damm mobile sites dont let you zoom these days. im going to facebook that one day.
13 posts Page 1 of 1