The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 1 of 2
The power of 5:2
01 Aug 2013, 12:40
We cooked a delicious breakfast for our B&B guests this morning as usual. Unfortunately though two of our guests overslept and had to dash off without eating. So there we had bacon, sausage, mushrooms etc all prepared. We discussed eating them (it's a fast day) but do you know we could not be tempted! We were really up for fasting today and did not want to spoil it. The power of 5:2!
Re: The power of 5:2
01 Aug 2013, 13:09
I find it amazing how fasting can totally alter your mindset. I now find a lot of things have lost their appeal and I crave fresher, cleaner food,

Ballerina x :heart:

P.S. how is the new business going, and are you enjoying all the hard work?
01 Aug 2013, 13:20
I know how you feel....I can be easily tempted by all sorts of things when it's not a fast day - but when it is, it's so easy to stick to it because I know what I'm having and that's it!
01 Aug 2013, 13:44
Did you save the leftover goodies to enjoy the next day?

I second Ballerina, how is your business going? Hope you are having good luck with it.
01 Aug 2013, 13:55
Thank you, we are having a busy summer with lots of lovely guests. This is the third year so getting established now. I must say all that physical work is much better for me than sitting at a desk all day. I must up and down those stairs a hundred times!
We had some 5:2 forum guests from the USA and it was great to meet them and would never have happened without this fantastic forum.
01 Aug 2013, 13:59
Hey Gill - where exactly are you?? I have a weird feeling that you may be the closest 5:2er on the forums to me ...
01 Aug 2013, 15:05
Hi Silverdarling, I live at Middle Stobswood near Widdrington. How about you?
01 Aug 2013, 15:21
Sorry to butt in - just checked your website and your B&B looks brilliant! As a family we had a great fortnight a few years ago staying in Wooler, Northumberland is a superb, quiet, scenic place when the sun shines and what wonderful beaches - wish I had known about you sooner, might have to schedule a visit in the Autumn perhaps!
01 Aug 2013, 16:21
Well done Gillb! I agree that once I have gotten into the fasting mindset for the day I'm not tempted to sway from it. I'm deathly afraid of a slippery slope - as in "if I don't do this today, I will be that much more tempted not to do it tomorrow" and so on.
01 Aug 2013, 16:28
Gill - Mile Road !!!!!! Just over a mile from you - pass your place on the way to the A1 every morning! :grin: :wink: must check you out online!

Creakypete - it is indeed a wonderful area - right near the coast, Druridge Bay - seven miles of mostly deserted beach - and inland to the Simonside Hills, Rothbury and on up to Alnwick, Alnmouth, Craster and the rest ... well worth a trip :smile:
01 Aug 2013, 18:40
Well fancy that! Could hardly be nearer. We may even recognise each other in real life.
Thanks for the nice comments I would love to see more 5:2ers at www.middlestobswood.co.uk and I promise real breakfasts and no fasting for guests!
01 Aug 2013, 20:00
Oh and Silverdarling why not pop in some time when you are passing and say hello?
01 Aug 2013, 20:07
I am the same, two fast days are a must and it doesn't seem to take much willpower. I wish I could say the same for the other 5days of the week. I have followed this WOE for 19 weeks now never missed my 2 fasts but the loss of appetite that others have experienced has passed me by however I am now at my target weight and if I have to fast two days a week to keep it that is how it will have to be.
01 Aug 2013, 20:40
I don't think I would have the will power. I am lucky I fast when my partner is away so I only cook for myself.

We will definately have a look at staying at your b&b; we go for 2 or 3 long weekends a year in your part of the world. Stayed near whitby earlier this year and near Berwick three weeks ago for Annes birthday. It was a lovely b&b; they offered Kedgeree :razz: for breakfast; nice alternative to full english. We had it for two of our three days there.
01 Aug 2013, 23:51
Well done, Gillb! Your B&B looks lovely. If it wasn't on the other side of the world I'd love to stay there!
18 posts Page 1 of 2