The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Oh dear, not exactly cutting-edge investigative journalism.

Then again, you get a flavour of the magazine from the 'More from Cosmo' section underneath the article - "Is your orgasm normal?" :confused:

GREAT comments though everyone, nice one! :like:
I agree with Manderley, I didn't think the article was that negative. Lightweight, to be sure, but this is Cosmo!

The points of caution or side-effects all seem to relate to those doing 5:2 without much weight to lose. And for the rest it's all about consulting your GP and listening to your body. Not much to disagree with there!
I don't even want to read the entire thing. I stopped at the point where it said they'd trawled the forum for the negative side effects - funny how they found all that here but totally disregarded all the positives, the weight loss stats and all the general good stuff.
Maybe they read MM's forum not our's. :smile: When I saw the donut I knew what to expect from the article.

Chris x
The Cosmo's target are fairly young women, I used to read it when I was in my late teen if I remember correctly, and young women that age tend to be a bit excessive when they diet, so I guess the warnings are welcome.

Every diet can be dangerous, it depends on the person, how he/she does it, how his/her body deals with it. A friend of mine did Dukan until her GP told her to stop or she wouldn't be able to have children. Her ovaries were shrinking.

People tend to want to miracle solution to lose weight, which, we all know, doesn't exist. I think it can be positive to keep a critic mind.
I just want that donut that's in the picture . . . .
Really biased article. Good comments from everybody. Let's hope more people will take a look here and get the real story.
22 posts Page 2 of 2