The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

29 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Time to say goodbye?
04 Jan 2017, 11:05
I'm still lurking too. I have been popping back after a hiatus and changed to BSD which has been extremely successful for me. At last!! The OH and I have been doing a lot of travelling recently (half our luck!) so I've not always been around.
Without 5:2 originally I'd be as big as a house so I am very grateful, but I also don't like the new format. But something is better than nothing?

Deb
05 Jan 2017, 18:57
Hi honeys,
I'm still here too. There was a horrible moment when 80.5kgs showed up on the scales :shock:
Now Christmas is but a memory it's back to sensible enjoyable eating within the 16:8 parameters.
Bread and sugar are rejected, and potatoes might only appear at weekends briefly, as in last weekends slow cooker chicken and vegetable hotpot. :smile:
Keep on keeping on folks, intermittent fasting is our salvation I'm sure :grin:
06 Jan 2017, 16:04
Debs wrote: I'm still lurking too. I have been popping back after a hiatus and changed to BSD which has been extremely successful for me. At last!! The OH and I have been doing a lot of travelling recently (half our luck!) so I've not always been around.
Without 5:2 originally I'd be as big as a house so I am very grateful, but I also don't like the new format. But something is better than nothing?

Deb

so glad BSD is working for you, @Debs!
08 Jan 2017, 09:03
Just a quick note to remind you that I will be back in a bit more than a week. Currently at the end of week 4 of my 5 week challenge 'How to survive 5 weeks of holiday without fasting in down under summer'. So far no problems in meeting this challenge. :cool: :grin:
12 Jan 2017, 13:47
..and after a long lurk and problems getting logged in, I appear to be back too. Fasting today in the snow.
12 Jan 2017, 18:36
janeg wrote: ..and after a long lurk and problems getting logged in, I appear to be back too. Fasting today in the snow.

Nice to see you back @JaneG!
12 Jan 2017, 18:37
ferretgal wrote: I've been very dismayed visiting the Forum lately. I know, the holidays aren't the best time for online participation, people are busy... but this isn't a recent development.

I've counted on this forum for support, and that's not happening now. The major downturn seems to date from the change in the site. I had some issues getting things to work properly, and wonder if some just got frustrated and didn't come back. Then the rehosting issue... thanks to Moogie for keeping the site, but I'm wondering how much longer it'll be viable at this rate.

Is there any way we could email blast members, ask why they've dropped off, invite them back, offer to help with online glitches? Hate to just give up on this community, you're all great!

It's getting better @Ferretgal! :-)
12 Jan 2017, 19:59
thanks @Tracieknits
13 Jan 2017, 14:03
I'm still having to open a different search engine if I want to post- but I'm still here and it's nice to see some old timers reappear
15 Jan 2017, 21:03
I'm back with my tail between my legs after being gone for so long... but I'm getting married this year and I know this works for me, and since starting last week I've lost 4 and a half lbs which has given me the boost I needed. Protein and veggies in the slow cooker ready for my fast day tomorrow :oops:
16 Jan 2017, 00:13
Welcome back @gym-sparkle-90 - good to have you with us!

Also, congratulations on your forthcoming wedding and a big well done for doing really well so far and dropping 4.5lbs! Getting off to such a flying start should give you a big boost....

So...spill the beans...when is the wedding...and how much do you want to lose?? If I'm not mistaken, we don't have an actual challenge running at the moment...but we do have a thread about goals for 2017, so that might be a good place to tell us what you plan to achieve...so we can support you along the way.

I started back last Monday (9th)...for about the fourth time...grrrr! It's not losing the weight that's the problem...it's the keeping it off and not returning to "bad" habits. Life keeps getting in the way...as does emotional eating, in my case.

Were you Gym Sparkle Bunny before? When I saw your post, my mind immediately said "Bunny" - which is a small wonder (assuming I'm right) given how poor my memory is these days!

Anyways - just want to say good luck for the months ahead...
16 Jan 2017, 06:49
Thanks @Hazlenut20! My username wasn't Gym Sparkle Bunny but that name does ring a bell from when I used to be on here!

The wedding is in July, with a honeymoon to Florida in August so I really want to have lost a stone by July - I've lost a stone and a half since we got engaged in March - I just got a bit bored with what I was doing and found a bit of a plateau - and here I am again! I'll have to have a look at the goals thread :oops:

Bad habits and emotional eating is a big thing for me too - the good thing is with this when I eat normally on my non-fasting days I don't feel guilty like I might on another plan :like:

Let's own 2017 :victory:
16 Jan 2017, 11:35
No - definitely not time to say goodbye! I have not been on the forum much recently but new year - new resolution to keep in touch more, so - see you all around!

PS. It's good to see some of the old faces again and to welcome some new ones! :smile:
16 Jan 2017, 19:12
Well, I just found this forum and I really hope everyone sticks around! I love reading about people's experiences and progress, it's so motivating.
29 posts Page 2 of 2