The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 1 of 2
What I had for dinner
14 Feb 2013, 18:08
I thought it might be fun to post pics of what we all had for dinner on our fasting days. Here's mine from tonight:

150g celery @ 21kcal
3x crispbread @ 57kcal
120g beetroot @ 50kcal
75g low calorie coleslaw @ 105kcal
4x seafood sticks @ 64kcal
Total: 297kcal
Re: What I had for dinner
14 Feb 2013, 18:18
That's a heck of a lot of celery! :lol:
Just goes to show what a lot you can have to eat if you stick mainly to veggies!
14 Feb 2013, 18:19
Photo - a good idea, you might start a trend here! Though you might need to tell us all how to upload photos. What exactly is in seafood sticks anyway?
14 Feb 2013, 18:31
I was going to post a picture of my dinner the other night as it was very colorful, but didn't know how to do it.
I think it's a great idea, and might give us inspiration for fast days.
14 Feb 2013, 18:42
I love me some celery! :lol: Apparently, you burn more calories chewing/digesting it than you actually get from it - negative calories.

I uploaded the pic to http://www.imageshack.us. It's free and you don't need to register. When it's uploaded, it gives you a code to put into a post to show the pic up in a post.

Seafood sticks are "white fish". I think it varies by manufacturer as to what actually goes into them. These ones are made from Pollock. I guess it's one of those things that it doesn't pay to look too closely at. :lol:
16 Feb 2013, 09:32
I tend to go for fish at evening meal as its light, with loads of steamed veg. I just LOVE this diet. It's got me off the ready meals that I had got into the habit of buying. I work next doors to Morrisons and they have a great fish counter.
16 Feb 2013, 11:27
I like this idea. I post photos of what I eat on feed days on Facebook. I'll give fast day photos a go
16 Feb 2013, 17:52

Freee-range chicken kiev
Cauli cheese
Cabbage

Just short of 500 cals and absolutely delicious :D
16 Feb 2013, 17:55
Mouth watering now! That looks so yummy.
Chicken Kiev is my very favourite.
On a non fast day, so meeting friends for Chinese.
Personally I'd rather have what you had as I know tonight is going to be calorie laden.
I hope you enjoyed your dinner.
16 Feb 2013, 18:03
Yes, lovely thanks.

Now to work out how to get the picture to appear in the post, rather than just a link....
16 Feb 2013, 18:14
Done it !

Have fun with your friends tonight, and hope the Chinese is yummy (despite calories!)
16 Feb 2013, 22:48
I can see the picture in the post and not just a link

Oh that's because you fixed it :)
19 Feb 2013, 01:26
Here is lunch, I can't wait for dinner. Two cups of broccoli and a bit if carrot, steamed

19 Feb 2013, 10:47
Dinner, not a moment too soon

19 Feb 2013, 11:18
Hi Antony, forgive me for asking but is that 600 calories worth? Makes me think I must be overeating!
17 posts Page 1 of 2