The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
I must admit that I made my family a meal that I don't like (boiled potatoes!) and intend to do this every fast day.
I just turn into the "dinner Lady" from hell, kind of just chucking it in front of them with a snarl!

Seriously though, it really doesn't bother me at all, it's not their fault I am Fat, and I want to loose weight for me, in order to do this I have to restrict what I eat sometimes.

I think really it's what is important to you, if you asked me to serve someone a pint of Ice Cold Cider when I was fasting I would be seriously miffed!
Oh, you just reminded me of the amazing pear cider I had in London last summer. Now I'm thirsty...
I don't know if it is for you, but you could try delaying your breakfast, and turn it into late lunch? I find that if I eat in the morning, I feel hungry again very soon, whereas if I delay my first meal of the day, I can go for quite a long time, surprisingly without feeling hungry - usually until about 3.30pm. If you can delay your breakfast into lunch/late lunch, you might not feel quite so hungry around the kids' teatime. Just a thought :) Good luck!
Thanks so much everyone for all the tips and support.

Wendy - I do feel like I need breakfast at the moment but that's worth thinking about.

I've just counted calories for my dinner today and realised I'm way under - 980 cals - Oops. I feel like I've eaten loads but maybe that's because of the 500 cals yesterday. Oh well, I'll have a little snack and a hot chocolate before bed to bump it up a bit. Will need to make sure I eat more tomorrow before the next fast on Thursday!
Just having a moan. Had their dinner cooked yesterday all ready for today but didnt help. You know that watery feeling you get in your mouth before you vomit. Well it's like that but I know I'm just salivating/drooling. Just going in the fridge to get it is hard :-(

boo hooo hooo
I hear ya vino! Did you resisit? I was the same yesterday. Made the kids jacket potatoes and was drooling!! I managed to resist and had my low carb African pepper stew with baked egg and broccoli. I really wanted stodge though.
I don't eat till dinner because once i eat something i find it hard to stop. Once i get past the initial hunger in the morning the rest of the day is a breeze.
I don't fast on the weekends either when everyone is in the house. I keep it to during the week when im on my own more often so it's easier not having to make food for others.
I'm in the house with my 20 month old son during the day and i make food just for him. Things like fruit, toast, boiled egg, breakfast cereal, leftovers from last nights dinner ect, and i make sure it's just enough for him or else i give the rest to the dog so it's not there tempting me.
Then i make the main meal for dinner which we eat when my daughter gets home from school at 4pm ( even on feed days i usually only eat breakfast then an early dinner and skip lunch) and i try not to graze on anything after dinner (sometimes unsuccessfully) having cups of tea/coffee help.
Oh, I was a bit of a whingebag yesterday! Thanks guys. I did manage to resist somehow but didnt really feel very well! It was worse than Monday. I think I might have to adjust so I either get up early to have breakfast and eat earlier or have a little lunch like soup or an apple. I have always felt a bit funny if I don't eat for a few hours so knew this would be a struggle.

Anyhow, I woke up feeling fantastic this morning and didnt feel the need to eat the 3 breakfasts I'd planned to eat as soon as I woke up :-)

Oh and I lost another pound (so up to 9lbs in 12 days)woo hoo.
24 posts Page 2 of 2